Discuss Details Of The Instalation: in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

TPES

What are you writing in this box on your certs if for example you...

Add/ Alter sockets in 4 bedrooms. (Extra socket added here and there)
Adding downlights in 2 different bedrooms.
Adding downlights in a kitchen, move and add sockets and switches in kitchen.
Add Downlights in 2 different bathrooms
Change CU for new dual RCD

There is other work done, bits and bobs.. But would be a nightmare to write individualy exact sockets in each and every room in the house..

Are you writing something short that covers alot of alterations and additions in a house?

Like "Partial Re-wire & CU Upgrade" Whats the best way to describe alot of alterations and additions to about 8 different rooms in a house, But still alot of the old wiring and accessories in place..

(Yes it is a big house)

I would use a seperate sheet if its a lot.I would be as comprehensive as possible. Understand and appreciate your point about it being a nightmare to list all the work. Trouble is you have to cover yourself 100%. I would be concerned that someone else could carry out work later and it could be "assumed" that it was done at the same time as the original work. If you leave your certs too open ended, any Tom Dick or Harry could do what they like and sort of "tag" it onto your work and not have to certify it, or notify it. Just my take on it.

In a case of bits n bobs jobs I usually write something like "works as recorded on invoice number xxyyx" and then staple the invoice to the back of the certificate.

and as all my invoices are petty well itemised im pretty much covered in all events.

Reply to Details Of The Instalation: in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net