Discuss Do I need false ceiling to mount spotlights? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to the forum.

If you want recessed downlights then you will need a space behind the ceiling, but this could just be the void behind an existing plasterboard/joist ceiling.

You could also go for surface mounted fittings. But bear in mind cables will need to be routed to them.

Need more information about the ceiling that you are planning to turn into a sort of swiss cheese.

Can you provide more info please.
It’s just cement ceiling. And I am not keen on attaching a false ceiling as it brings down the height of the room. So just wanted to ask what kind of spotlights can be fit into a normal ceiling wall.

Welcome to the forum.

If you want recessed downlights then you will need a space behind the ceiling, but this could just be the void behind an existing plasterboard/joist ceiling.

You could also go for surface mounted fittings. But bear in mind cables will need to be routed to them.
Thank you which it can be done on a normal ceiling wall?

Downlights are recessed so not suitable for a ceiling made of cement. Surface lights are the option here, but then you’ll need cables going to the light(s). Those cables would be on the surface, unless you fancy cutting chases into the cement.

Reply to Do I need false ceiling to mount spotlights? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm looking for an LED spotlight that can be mounted on an existing lighting column. The aim is to illuminate a war memorial that is 20m away...
Replies
Views
Had a customer message me before I went to do a job asking if I could put a new bulb in a spotlight while I was there, so I picked up some LED...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi All. I need to extend the cables for a 3 plate ceiling rose/pendant on ground floor ceiling by 450mm. Can I fix the ceiling rose/pendant to...
Replies
Views
I recently sold my Renault Trafic as it had done 214,000 miles and I also wanted something more economical. I bought the Citroen Berlingo LWB. A...
Replies
Views
Hello I have 10 spotlights in a room. All 10 spotlights are operated by one switch. I would like to split the spotlights into two sets. First...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock