Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

What really annoys me about that is the plumber could easily have done that neatly, avoiding the socket. It's not difficult, ffs...
Clearly, if he couldn't be bothered to check if the socket was in use, and anyway just went ahead and fitted his pipes, badly, he should be sacked.
"Push-fits" do not a plumber make".
That picture has actually made me very angry!
Agree with all that barring the pushfit comment.

Like most employees you use what your given, pretty much every new build of the last twenty years are push fit, mine is and it's still fine.

Don't get me wrong I love copper and when done properly looks much better but will it last longer? If it's all hurried in walls what does it matter anyhow?

Now it constantly irks me to see plastic pipes coming out of walls into rads, it looks shocking. Even if using push fit I always used to come through the wall/floor in 15mm copper.

TV distribution in a block of flats. The green and yellow wire was left by the aerial installer for us to connect to the main earth terminal.
Image073.jpg

that's horrific everything out the window there in terms of safety. whoever fitted that was probably dead proud of working out the loop in/out part, either that or trial and error at work
So close though! Looks like a twin red for the switch wire so that flylead one hole over and everyone would have been happy, even his wife! But - because he got it wrong, he gets no cocoa!

So got called out today... cooker circuit tripping the RCD. Turns out, it's cooker, sockets and extractor hood on a 16A breaker, with washing machine on one, gas hob, electric oven.

Get's it down to a L-E short on the cable from the CU to the SFCU that has the hob and oven connected to it, yes... both of them on one. Turns out there are two sets of cables in the conduit, great I think, pull some slack through and use the other L... except that has a L-E short as well. Ok, use the neutral and sleeve it... Couldn't get any movement on it and it's snipped off close to the wall at the far end... nightmare.

But check out this quality work...

Lovely bit of arson there from a gas fitter.
IMG_20190118_120915693.jpg

IMG_20190118_120920272.jpg

IMG_20190118_121143844.jpg

The conclusion I've drawn is (because apparently the RCD tripping has been going on for a while getting more and more frequent) is that some plum has hammered/damaged the conduit and consequently the cables and it's finally given up. Would have been grand if I could have pulled the slack through, but as it is got to run a new cable and make it safe. What a bloody lash up.

top pic next to the attempted arson. are those blacks charred? if so looks like the wet-pants is the culprit.

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock