Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Came across this during a periodic ages ago. :D

upload_2017-9-4_21-29-30.jpeg

Who needs to chase walls out when you can just wallpaper over the t&e ?

Was at a house the week before last and found this baby. The lights had blew, but this was the sockets.

Was sizzling away once I took the cover off, seemed to be the actual holder as opposed to the connections themselves.

IMG_1437.JPG

Blimy, that's not even a close one - it's well down on to the insulation.
Owner said it worked for some years but microwave had stopped working a while back. N must've been just touching in the bottom of the receiver, I guess.
I think it was Mr Kitchen's work :rolleyes:

Another periodic inspection from hell, the date on the photo says 2011 so a few years ago. The first signs of problems was when I was unplugging things to start dead testing. I got quite a whack from the pins of a plug. Hmm, the appliance must have a large cap across the supply or something. Or perhaps full mains.
Image0084.jpg

Oh look, another one!
Image0083.jpg

Turned out the tenant liked wiring lights by connecting the load to the back of a socket and then powering it with a plug, the switch on the reverse fed socket acted as the light switch. What a dick head. He wouldn't let me confiscate the dangerous leads but I did get him to dismantle them before I left, there were 2 young children running about there.
Image0086.jpg

Everything was wired with flex, mostly 2 core, the 3 flexes here feed a socket and 2 wall lights.
Image0085.jpg

Another p|ss poor effort in another room, this went through the wall to a shed, was joined via open connector block to some white flex, joined with a joint box with no lid to some black flex then joined directly to the flex of a chest freezer by twisting and taping. I stuck a plug on the freezer and got them to use an extension lead until proper wiring was installed.

the left hand wylex RCBO has a 10mm feeding a shower. i think the right hand one is for bathroom lights ( or all upstairs lights). all MCBs have a bit of faded illegible pencil marks, so God knows what they feed. when the thing has a fair load on it, it buzzes like crazy.

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock