Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Apparently it took a lot of attempts, speaking to his wife the bottle of wine he consumed probably helped him on his way...
That’s dedication right there!! That’ll learn the rcd!!
Seriously though how many times would you have to reset it????

That’s dedication right there!! That’ll learn the rcd!!
Seriously though how many times would you have to reset it????
Dunno and I don't intend to find out, going to cost him a few quid to replace it though.

Got a text from my neighbour earlier, a bit cryptic as it involved fuses and an RCD.

Had a look at the WiFi faceplate he fitted yesterday and needless to say his wife is unimpressed, I've never knew you could swear so much in Czech...

View attachment 47613
And to top it all off he's shagged the RCD by resetting it until it held...
Give the guy his due, he managed to put black with blue and red with brown.

How he missed the clues on the terminals is a mystery.

View attachment 47614
I was met with that Friday evening all covered with a piece of hardboard,line and neutral are twisted together as well except the line was actually touching the back box and shocking the woman when she was cleaning the wall...
Words fail me, well they don't but the ones that spring to mind would win me a forum holiday.

Surely it would have been easier just to put another socket on, or are the screws threaded?

Words fail me, well they don't but the ones that spring to mind would win me a forum holiday.

Surely it would have been easier just to put another socket on, or are the screws threaded?
They extended it down to lower the socket and covered over the existing...

Last edited:

They extended it down to lower the socket and covered over the existing...

And to top it all off today Mr Neighbour who cocked up his socket swap showed me a cheap Amazon LED lamp he got which lasted a week, two cheeky blow holes in the SES and has also took the dimmer switch with it...

IMG_1939.JPG

F5A81AFA-14F9-4610-A811-ABB7FC5C6A91.jpeg
Got a text from my neighbour earlier, a bit cryptic as it involved fuses and an RCD.

Had a look at the WiFi faceplate he fitted yesterday and needless to say his wife is unimpressed, I've never knew you could swear so much in Czech...

View attachment 47613
And to top it all off he's shagged the RCD by resetting it until it held...
If you remember the old mastermind board game - this would have got 3 white pegs.
Colours are right but not in the right place!
I loved that game!

And to top it all off today Mr Neighbour who cocked up his socket swap showed me a cheap Amazon LED lamp he got which lasted a week, two cheeky blow holes in the SES and has also took the dimmer switch with it...

View attachment 47647

Don't buy anything off Amazon.
They're tax evading scumbags, exploiting minimum wage zero hour contract workers.

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock