Discuss dual immersion coil in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

moggy1968

Hey chaps
just fitted a timer to a customers immersion so he could heat his water in the daytime using his solar.
ideally though, what we would like is a dual coil immersion, one 1kw and one 3kw so he can switch between the 2, in case he needs to heat the water a bit quicker when he needs to but use the 1kw normally so he can be sure to be just using generated electricity.
we did look at the solar immersion switches but they are too expensive for him.
Anyone know of a source of a dual element immersion, if indeed they exist?
don't really want to cut another hole in the tank to put an extra coil in that way.

I only know of 3Kw/2Kw boost dual element immersion heater. However, the manufacturer Howdens will make specials to order and well worth contacting because the last time I used them they were easy to work with and the charge for this was reasonable.

Howden Electro Heating

Postal Address:
Howden Electro Heating
10-12 Belgowan Street
Bellshill Industrial Estate
Bellshill
Lanarkshire
Scotland
ML4 3NS

Sales & Technical Telephone: +44(0)1698 573111
General Enquiries Telephone: +44(0)1698 573100
General Enquiries Fax: +44(0)1698 573121
Email: [email protected]

Reply to dual immersion coil in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Until last week I had a dual tariff electricity supply with a cheaper overnight tariff. This was good for the storage heating, but now the storage...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm after some help please. I have a 21 panel 8.5kw system with 5kw export allowance and a Sunsynk 8kw inverter. The inverter has a smart...
Replies
Views
I need a 3 phase immersion heater with a DN32/42 mm thread for a commercial pasteuriser. The only ones that I've found so far are not inexpensive...
Replies
Views
We are replacing our Economy7 hot water cylinder due to a leak that has two immersion heaters and an indirect coil from our multi-fuel stove. My...
Replies
Views
Hi, Have normal fused immersion heater switch. I would like to add a smart wifi switch to it so when my Solar is producing over 3k spare, going...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock