Discuss Dummy / Fake Module in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

V

VMan

Hi guys,
does anyone know where i can get a fake module to use next to our advertsing stand? a supplier i phoned wanted near on £300 for a dummy module!!

Thanks.

I think you might have approached it the wrong way. If we ever use an advertising stand for an expo or a training demo we approach several of the equipment suppliers with an estimate of foot traffic exposure and offer them space on the stand with their logos for a price (which would at least cover the cost of building the stand itself). We would never pay suppliers to do their advertising, that's not how it works. If the agents aren't interested then approach the importers directly or approach their competition first and offer them free exposure on your stand. When they express interest go back to your preferred supplier and blackmail them that you'll advertise their competitors if they don't come to the party.

Last edited:
I think you might have approached it the wrong way. If we ever use an advertising stand for an expo or a training demo we approach several of the equipment suppliers with an estimate of foot traffic exposure and offer them space on the stand with their logos for a price (which would at least cover the cost of building the stand itself). We would never pay suppliers to do their advertising, that's not how it works. If the agents aren't interested then approach the importers directly or approach their competition first and offer them free exposure on your stand. When they express interest go back to your preferred supplier and blackmail them that you'll advertise their competitors if they don't come to the party.

Thats a good idea, we aren't sales people ourselves, we just want to work and do a good job, but never thought about it that way before. was thinking of getting a stand together to generate some more business, i will give some companies a ring to see what they say.

Cheer Marvo

Thats a good idea, we aren't sales people ourselves, we just want to work and do a good job, but never thought about it that way before. was thinking of getting a stand together to generate some more business, i will give some companies a ring to see what they say.

Cheer Marvo
Your welcome. We were also the same a few years ago, we were focused only on our core business and sales wasn't an issue. Unfortunately the business landscape changed radically over the last decade, reputation and great service/product is no longer sufficient, nowadays you have to be very marketing savvy to even stay afloat. Breaks my heart having to pay marketing and reps but that's the way it is :(

Good luck with your suppliers. I would suggest you approach their head office marketing department directly rather than going through your local supply branch.

Reply to Dummy / Fake Module in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net