Discuss eicr tests in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Farmelectrics

-
Arms
Reaction score
got offered a job testing for a local company now im not saying im any expert but i have been testing for many a year now and regard myself as a competent tester they were offering me £25 per test and telling me they have lads doing 6 a day one the money is not good enough and how can anyone do 6 a day your thoughts

Visual followed by Zs only?

What a joke, would love to see the paperwork.

Can you go in as an undercover mole to expose this company to whatever scam provider they might be with?

this mob are obviously cowboys. drive by testing. a bloody joke. you've got approx. 1 hour per test, including driving, parking , carrying gear, gives you maybe 10 minutes per test. ( yes, madam, the CU is there, i can see it, sign here, goodbye.)

Not worth the paper they are written on. 6 per day - they should be reported to trading standards unless all the report is a visual drive by

i'll beat that. £7.50/circuit. LOL. :yinyang:

If it is a EICR like the title says WHOS name and signature is on the report!

Like Mark has said it would be nice to see a copy of one of the reports!

this is a company with niceic emblazed all over there vans was starting to get a bit heated with this guy he said they are doing them properly there new rewires and all council houses are next to each other lads do six and off they go dead tests only and calculate zs gave in in the end didnt want the job anyway

Surely if these are "new rewires" they should be issued with EICs or could it be whoever wired them is unable to issue so they thought this would be a way around that!

OP never mentioned eicr. looks like they want a Qs to take the rap if the work is dodgy.

I was working for a well known company within the northwest of England about 5 years ago. I had the very same problem.

They wanted me to do six tests a day(domestic & comm) . I was sent to a swimming baths and expected to have a full PIR done in six hours.

I was told NOT to do any insulation resistance tests if the board was fitted with an RCD on the socket circuits.

I spoke to my boss over it and he told me “it’s ok I am counter signing the reports so get on with it” After this conversation I handed in my notice.

The bigger the firm the less they care ! ! ! !

Reply to eicr tests in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net