Discuss Electric sockets tripping in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

With the current required to trip an mcb I would expect to see some serious thermal damage if the JB was the culprit, but it does appear corroded as a result of moisture so worth a shot.
what even a cheap one?

So I'm guessing it won't be that with what your saying

Like Radiohead I would expect to see visible arc damage if the fault is tripping a 32A MCB. Each time it trips there will be a flash and a bang that scorches the surrounding insulation. If there's no sign of that on the cables at the junction box, or within the junction box moulding itself, it probably isn't the culprit.

Because of the risks associated with fireworks going on inside your walls / floors, I would strongly recommend actual scientific troubleshooting rather than trial and error on this one. If it turns out to be something harmless, all well and good. But resetting the MCB and waiting for more fireworks seems a needless gamble.

my first move when arriving would be to ask if you'd fixed anything on the walls or screwed down a loose floorboard. then the test gear would come out of it's padded cell.

If the OP doesn't come back I'll tell you the story of the tripping RCD main switch caused by 2 faulty appliances, one on each ring final that I have just come back from this evening...
I’ve also had a nightmare one tonight with fault on lights wired in the old single core stranded which made no logical sense with the wiring one of the worst for a while ?

Already have pal, and he plugged this socket into each plug and said all was fine on the sockets, is there another way to check before ripping up all the floor boards
No self respecting electrician conducts an investigation into a reported electrical fault with a socket and see type instrument and no wonder he couldn't give you a proper report and diagnosis that I hope you didn't pay him for.
And yes there are several tests that can be conducted with the appropriate equipment and knowledge by someone who will be able to locate any issues and provide you with options off rectification to return your electrical installation to a safe, satisfactory and compliant state of operation.
You cannot beat word off mouth recommendations when it comes to finding quality tradesman and electricians are no different. Trust me the best ones don't need to shout about it. You find them they don't find you.

No self respecting electrician conducts an investigation into a reported electrical fault with a socket and see type instrument and no wonder he couldn't give you a proper report and diagnosis that I hope you didn't pay him for.
And yes there are several tests that can be conducted with the appropriate equipment and knowledge by someone who will be able to locate any issues and provide you with options off rectification to return your electrical installation to a safe, satisfactory and compliant state of operation.
You cannot beat word off mouth recommendations when it comes to finding quality tradesman and electricians are no different. Trust me the best ones don't need to shout about it. You find them they don't find you.
This is from 2020

Reply to Electric sockets tripping in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net