Search the forum,

Discuss Emergency Light Key Switch Wiring (Neutral query) in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello to everyone,

Had to replace an old emergency light "hidden key switch" with a newer variety. The old switch is a two pole switch, with active and neutral one side and out the other, whereas the newer switch simply has common and 1 and 2 slots.

My question is, is there nothign wrong with me simply joining all the neutrals together? They're all apart of the same circuit obviously.

My query is that since the neutral was wired through the old keyswitch would there be some sort of back feed risk with only the active being switched now?

Reply to Emergency Light Key Switch Wiring (Neutral query) in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

First, sorry if I'm not in the correxct thread. I'm trying to replace an old switch with a WIFI switch and cannot seem to do it right. There are...
Replies
Views
I hope someone can help with this as I'm stumped. My landing hallway ceiling (2016-build house) has two rose pendants which I've attempted to...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm replacing standard light switches in my hall and landing with touch switches (not smart, just touch on/off) like these from Amazon...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’m trying to change a pendent light, I’ve wired it the same as the previous light that was on there however the light is now permanently...
Replies
Views
can anyone please advise on where the wires go? My electrician installed a new cable ready for when I bought a security light. The cable as shown...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back