Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Energy efficiant in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

homesafe

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Cheers for the info about solar panels,now for my next question,I went to look at the job last night and we decided on 20 downlights in house all with LED lamps in,he then asked if i could source some brushed chrome centre light fittings for the dining and living room with led lamps,any ideas anyone?I am also installing mood lighting in the living area and kitchen so i need to find out about that to,
The customer is spending a fortune on making his house totally energy efficiant and it is also really good for me as its new to me,a change from a normal rewire etc..

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
G

Grae79

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
wouldn't recommend the LED GU10's for lighting spaces effectively, just not bright enough imho. ideal for feature/accent lighting tho.

H

homesafe

wouldn't recommend the LED GU10's for lighting spaces effectively, just not bright enough imho. ideal for feature/accent lighting tho.
Ive told him this,I had them in my kitchen at home and the were crap,they look good and the kitchen looked cool but the light is like a dull white colour and inpractical,Has anyone got any other alternatives to LED GU10S,for the downlights or is there nothing on the market yet?

G

Grae79

the Megaman CFL's are probably your next most efficient downlighter; should give off more effective light than the LED's but take a wee while to warm up.

Megaman CFL GU10 Energy Saving Lamps

D

dragon-av

H

homesafe

Any one fitted a DMX controller from Collingwood,my customer has decided he wants 2 of them to control his lights,And do you have to put cat5 cable from the switch to some sort of junction,this is all very new to me,But i have to do my first job sometime(thats dmx,mood lighting etc,not electrics)

D

dragon-av

GOt some links to the DMX unit? NOrmally DMX controllers require a DMX input you may need to look at a lighting control solution. operating the mains wont give any level of control to DMX some DMX units have RF remotes pap but cheap for tri colour LEDs the main controls are off, on, cycle more advanced system allow you to call a specific mix of colour

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Reply to Energy efficiant in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom