Discuss erbauer chaser in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Until you hit a spot where bricky filled a big gap with mortor , some dust when chasing unless good Hoover , be good to yourself where glasses and mask

Cheers for the recommendations chaps.

I'm in the market for a chaser and have looked at the Erbauer one but wasn't sure. It seemed a bit too cheap to be good.

I'm assuming it's not in the Makita/Bosch blue/DeWalt quality bracket. What could you compare the brand to? Ryobi?

Cheers for the recommendations chaps.

I'm in the market for a chaser and have looked at the Erbauer one but wasn't sure. It seemed a bit too cheap to be good.

I'm assuming it's not in the Makita/Bosch blue/DeWalt quality bracket. What could you compare the brand to? Ryobi?

The other value for money chaser you should consider is the annual Powercraft offering from Aldi. Both the chaser and the dust extractor usually both offered at the same time are excellent, putting many more well known brands to shame. Aldi's Powercraft agents offer a full spares and servicing backup for all their power tools.

I Have the Sparky version and have chased rock walls with great success.

As for the dust, check and see which way the disks rotate because if you chase one way, the dust gets pushed out of the slots you have just cut.
For example, if I cut from floor to ceiling I get loads of dust even with the hoover attached, holding the chaser the same way and cut ceiling down to floor I get less - the cutting disks fling the bits/dust towards the extraction hose outlet
You WILL still get a very fine dust though so open windows and use masks/goggles/ear defender (Its loud !!)

Also you will find cutting with the rotation causes the tool to ride up in the slot so it won't be not deep enough and if you don't have a good hold, it will try and run away with you - This mainly happens when you suddenly hit a hard patch

If you do a lot of chasing think about getting a good large extraction hoover, my cheap wet&dry vac with 20Ltr paper bags get clogged in a few mins so the suction drops very quickly.

Just my experience of chasing :)

Lee

fjr1300, do you go backwards with it? i mean, hold it so the on off switch is at the bottom and the blades are at the top, place it on the wall at the ceiling and pull it down to the floor? thats the way to do it. from reading your post it seems like you are going forwards with it?

fjr1300, do you go backwards with it? i mean, hold it so the on off switch is at the bottom and the blades are at the top, place it on the wall at the ceiling and pull it down to the floor? thats the way to do it. from reading your post it seems like you are going forwards with it?

Can't remember exactly which way since it's been a while since I've used it but I was trying to point out (with the Sparky anyway) that if you use it one way the dust gets thrown out of the slots you've just cut, the other way the dust has a chance of being held inside the case and then get drawn up.
Just have a play with the chaser and see which way is the best - I assume not all the chasers rotate in the same direction and some have extraction hoses at the front, some at the rear.

Lee

Reply to erbauer chaser in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net