Discuss fibre optic star lights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

ruaribedford

Doing up my sons bedroom and bought a star light kit. It has 200 glass tubes that need to be poked through plasterboard ceiling,I will need to plaster the ceiling.
Can anyone suggest a way of protecting all the glass tubes.

Would if i could I have about 150mm clearance in ceiling void was going to try it from where I've put downlighters possibly just seeing if anyone else has come up against this

144.jpg143.jpg

Try not to crowd them together , i did the first attempt and ended up redoing them again .

If you put them on a cheap ceiling fan remote controller from one of the sheds , you can not only alter the speed of the colour changing / twinkling disk but also dim the light down as well .
I put this one in my daughters room about six years ago and then got a locall artist to do the galaxy / sky .

I had a similar job a few yrs ago. Stud ceiling going up in a receprtion to a old peoples home and 4 of these were put in. only a 100mm gap between boards and old ceiling.The difference was it painted before it went up then holes added and fibers brought through. then tape jointed once back on ceiling and rubbed down on joints and painted over joints. worked well.

Reply to fibre optic star lights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I live in a warehouse condo, converted about 20 years ago. The building dates to about 1870 but with the conversion, all of the electrical was...
Replies
Views
OK. I can already feel the eyes rolling I am working in a yard where we are having trouble with vandalism. There is absolutely no way of getting...
Replies
Views
I have a ring cct (2.5mm ) in my cabin which is protected by a 20amp RCBO. This has been in existence for over 3 years with no issues. I recently...
Replies
Views
Had a customer message me before I went to do a job asking if I could put a new bulb in a spotlight while I was there, so I picked up some LED...
Replies
Views
Heeelp! I have an 11kW/21A motor which is attached to a hydraulic power pack. I have replaced the old panels with new, using the same star delta...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock