Discuss God I feel old!!!!! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Jay Sparks

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
So, back in the 90's, I used to go to alot of "raves" and night clubs (great times), I even wore the white gloves and a whistle round my neck. My dad used to say, "how can you listen to that rubbish, its to load and all it does is go boom boom boom boom", of course id say "its cos your old dad, get with the times man".

Well last night I went to what they call a "gig" now a days, at the O2 Academy in Leeds to see "Above & Beyond". There Trance dj's. Anyway we had a few drinks in Leeds first then headed to the "gig". I was just about to give them my ticket when to my suprise, I was asked for ID!!!!! Now im 34 and although I dont look my age, I certainly dont look under 18 or even 25, so I was disgusted. I turned away and had a few nasty words to say, then I was asked again by another door man how old I was and i said 34, so he said come with me, ill get you in, which he did.

So a few hours into the "gig" and £75 worse off (drinks were expensive) I found myself standing against a wall with my wife, the bass was so load I could feel it vibrating my insides and shaking every bone in my body. I thought to my self, "my god, this music is repetative and its too load". At that point I realised I had become my dad and I was OLD!!!. I think im going to leave this clubbing/raving/gig lark to the yonger ones and go buy myself a pipe and some slippers.

Well thats my little rant over, im going to go get ready now cos im off to my local working mens club tonight to play 5's & 3's doms. lol

Jay

Last edited:
suggest you go to a metallica gig . at 34 you're just about ready to appreciate real music.

Your may well be on the road most of us older ones have travelled

Look on the bright side,once the blackeheads and spots are a thing of the past and the craving for conformity has gone,you can now listen to proper music,then probably appreciate "real music" for the first time in your life

I've got a space left in the car for the Michael Schenker gig in a few weeks time. Come listen to some real music.

You feel old: in the late 70s early 80s I was going to Discos!
Weren't 'rocky' enough though! I saw Def Leppard support Vandenburg just after releasing their debut album (go on, look up the date).

I like to think that I am open minded when it comes to music. I like a wide variety, from David Guetta to Queen (with Freddy, not the imposter now), I also Michael Jackson and Adam & the Ants, infact there isnt alot of music I dont like but I must say, that I have never and will probably never like heavy metal music. To me its just noise with some guy/girl screaming down the mic. lol!!

Im sorry PC but im washing my hair that day! lol. Plus, who is Michael Schenker?

Jay

if you are asked for id and you get offended then your not old..stop feeling it..:blush5: by the way rave music at 34 have a word man..:sad:

i went to the sanctuary in milton keynes in 96 for hardcore heaven, wore a white sock hat, white sunglasses with blue lenses and thought i was cool. to make it worse they made a video and got me in it

i went to the sanctuary in milton keynes in 96 for hardcore heaven, wore a white sock hat, white sunglasses with blue lenses and thought i was cool. to make it worse they made a video and got me in it

I found 'the hitman and her' on youtube the other week, recorded at the Pleasuredrome in Farnworth Bolton 1992 ( \I think) there I am bold as brass, whistle in mouth ... grrr

Yes mate, raving was ace. Cringeworthily, I once said I'd rave to the grave...Good grief. Now its radio 2. Cannot stand R1.

HaHa, Do you like the Jeremy Vine segmant on R2 about dinner time? I used to work at a place that played R2 all day and it was poo. I may be old(er) than I was but I will never be old enough to listen to R2. But I totally agree R1 is absolute garbage. Real radio for me nowadays, even that gets repetative though. Think Im going to try and find "The Arches" on the radio! lol

Jay

real xs 106.1 manchester station, all rock.

Jay, I always said the same, I'd never listen to r2.... have you ever been subjected to Crapital ? Good Grief... awful,. just awful.
I like Five live on my bosch site radio, but get told I'm boring the other lads ! Ignorance is bliss for them I reckon.

Thinking on, I got in trouble as an apprentice for turning over Jimmy Young on r2 20 odd years ago.

I've become the man I've always hated. hahaha

Reply to God I feel old!!!!! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net