Discuss Green Deal and PV... in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Well done - we don't have access to EST interest free loans over the border, good thinking about the DEA - maybe worth thinking about if only to protect your own sales.

You can get DEA training from a decent trainer for about £1200 +VAT. You can then get up to £500 grant from:

Skills Development Scotland - Improving the skills of Scotland's people. Careers, learning and skills advice. - Skills Development Scotland

We pay £60 for an EPC......So if you do them yourself the course has paid for itself in about ten sales.

But its also a really good service to be able to offer your potential pv customers. The fact that you can do the EPC yourself. Gives you an edge over competitors. (Hope that does not come back to bite me on the bum in the months to come.....But I believe in KARMA. The more you help others the more you help yourself)

The course is not difficult. Its a mix of accurate measuring, common sense and load of photographs...

After the course you need to build a portfolio of a mix of different types of properties. I've done that by shadowing the DEA's doing my EPCS.

I signed up for DEA and GDA training......but I am now only interested in the DEA side. For now there is nothing in the Green Deal for us...if we go down that route we effectively become subbies and servants to the Green Deal Provider.....with the added hindrance of having to buy the materials ourselves....

Reply to Green Deal and PV... in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

We have got some other sections of the forum that I thought might be useful to you guys! They are for all countries but we have new tags that you...
Replies
Views
I had a PV system installed by a local reputable manufacturer last autumn; since then, I've received conflicting advice regarding the consumer...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Electrical2Go - Get Bank Holiday Ready with our lighting deals! For this week only, we are offering unmissable deals on garden lighting, as...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Electrical2Go - Megger MFT Deals! Upgrade your toolkit with our exclusive offer! Purchase any of the Megger advanced multifunction testers –...
Replies
Views
Hi all - I’m new to Solar PV, builder we do work for has fitted some integrated panels on his garage roof, there is a velux window nearby. Does...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock