Discuss Halogen Lights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Dizzy_Maskell

Visited a Carvery the other day and noticed all the small children squinting due to the location of the halogen heating lamps above the food and made me think.
If anyone was testing some where like this would it be pulled up as I had a quick look and they are blindingly bright so for small children at the right height the light would be constantly in their eyes?

The children are only going to be there for a few minutes so lasting damage is unlikely. Plus, even a tiny baby will look away from a very bright light.

A carvery is heated from below and the deck itself is heated, the lamps are supplementary and for effect too. As trev says this is a short duration problem, no different from some high street windows and shop displays, the kids will soon know the score.

Reply to Halogen Lights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Summary (TL;DR) Several lightbulbs in my home supplied by one circuit breaker dim over time and go out in about a year. Right now, the ceiling...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'd like to replace some MR16 halogen fittings on an exposed wooden beam to new GU10 fittings which I will be fitting led lamps into. The...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
So I had a ceiling repair done in my bathroom due to water damage. The neighbors toilet above me was leaking for who knows how long. Mold...
Replies
Views
Not an electrical question, but hopefully someone can help... I work full-time in a small office, where the LED lighting is horrible. It's three...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock