Discuss Hello Sparkies Newbie Here :D in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

insy

Hello

My name is Ben and im 20 years of age from essex, well after spending 2-3 years after leaving secondary school learning AAT (Accountancy) i finally realised that although i enjoyed the figures side of things it wouldn't be something i'd enjoy as a career. So i've just enrolled on the C&G 2330 electrical installation and wiring part time course, 4 weeks late into course but im determined to pass and catch up so hopefully i will be ok :D.

I don't have much knowledge or experience in this profession but i suppose everyone has to start somewhere some time if they wish to proceed further in the industry, so with this forums, my tutors, books, videos and maybe some sparky shadowing i will be able to progress fast.

Would be great meeting people and talking to other sparkies on the forums, hopefully this will be the start to hopefully a long career but a wonderful one at that :D.

Apart from that i currently work full time in hospitality as a night porter and besides work and college i do like to go out and do a spot of hunting and beekeeping (weird hobby i know, but im a weird person in a good way lol).

Hope to speak to you all soon
Thanks
Ben

Hi & welcome.:)

Thanks and i've been reading posts from the backgrounds for a while now even tho at the moment i don't understand much of it :D. Today was first class and it didnt go to bad considering i missed a whole section due to starting late on the course, im now going to spend the next couple weeks catching up on that section so i can understand more.

Thanks for the welcomes
ben

Just a update since i haven't really been active or posted much since joining, since i know nothing on half the stuff you talk about i scratch my head and stare lol.

Managed to pass my Level 2 with credits/distincs which i was surprised, had to retake 1 but that i believe was down to lack of revision but went from fail to distinc on that exam.

Anyway i'm now enrolled onto Level 3 and its going to be a very interesting year that's for sure, just wish i know sparks personally so i could pick their brain for not only the hard stuff but the silly stuff i something don't understand :p.

Thanks guys if anyone is able to help me grab a better understanding of certain things i'd much appreciate it :D, i need to get me some more posts before i can start private messaging people.

When i took this course i didn't even know what half the tools were on the 2330 course lol, but i'm willing to learn and i want to learn how to do things the correct way and i want to actually understand how things work instead of just being one of these monkeys they have a qualification and haven't a clue what they doing.

So if there is any veterans on here that been doing this a long time and wouldn't mind explaining stuff to me at times when i cannot get my brain round it i would most appreciate it.

Thanks
Ben

If you have anything that you are not sure of put a post up on the main forum or the appropriate sub forum, explain what level of training you are at and explain how far you have got with your understanding and you will then get some replies that will further your knowledge.

Ignore those who respond abruptly and take notice of those who provide useful advice.
Just always remember there are differing opinions on most things and the regs are not precise enough to always be clear (understatement).

Good luck with the continuing understanding, it can be difficult to pick everything up just from a course, there is always more to learn.

Reply to Hello Sparkies Newbie Here :D in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net