Discuss help and advice for IR on a Ring circuit in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

yeah mate but clients want it where they say especially the mother and father in law lol
two walls in my house show signs of damp tested with megger and similar low readings as her mothers so best thing to do is move it eh mate rather tha have the hassle
its already had to much time devoted to it as well as driving me insane readings all over the place same with voltage readings to wall

I am moving it ask quick as i can chase it out again in the morning lol

whenever clients ask for things that you are not 100% happy to do just kill them with technical bullsheet, i know where you are coming from - dont you just hate love jobs

A couple of notes: Firstly, I hope your cable isn't the faulty wiring that was around of late (I believe from Turkey). I've had an instance where a fellow electrician had gotten hold of some which was a nightmare to work with and done poorly on an IR test although it was only 25 meters long (and no we definitely didn't use it, told him to scrap it. Sorry I can't remember the exact reading but lets say less than a 100M Ohm).

Secondly, although unlikely as it is a brand new install, your cables may have been damaged by rodents. I was once in a kitchen carrying out tests to try and locate low IR readings which really threw me all the meanwhile I've every reason to believe they were chewing away at the 2.5 below me. This was a new install with less than 6 months' service but upon inspection I found exposed live wires above the floorboards (from rodents chewing) and dread to think what they were up to under the laminated basement.

It probably isn't any of the above but I wanted all avenues covered. Cheers Bruce

Just wanted to update every one who helped me with this

I tried des suggestion and no nail hit in that room in the end i ripped all the wiring out again in this room in case it was damaged somewhere else moved socket away from the damp wall and ended up being asked to install another lol?

anyway the readings i am getting now are about 130+ still fluctuating though hold the test buttoin in and it rises this is at the board but again when i start to split then the readings rise again so cant pinpoint to one individual cable hope the Elecsa assesor is happy with 130+ ON A REWIRE LOL

anyway for now i have given upnon it as i now cant replace any of the othere legs as these rooms are finished explained to the mother and father in law

told them let me test it before they do out next time i use wagos test before and after the plastering and other works
so i know which one did it lol

the plaster could still be drying as when i tested the chases on other walls from line to wall or neutral to wall then slightly lower than 299 so I leave it for now

Reply to help and advice for IR on a Ring circuit in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net