Discuss Help with electrical connection in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

wnn670

Hey all, after a bit of help after no help from maplins, b&q etc.

I've just purchased 2 display cabinets that have a spotlight in each of them, however one of the plugs is missing that the wiring goes into, I've tried all the places I can think of and have looked all over the net but can not find anything. The connection is as in the picture a blade and a pin, i have only seen this once before on my la-z-boy sofa for the electric recliner.

What I need is either another plug which will do the same job as the one I already have or an adapter of some sorts to make 2 connections from the 1 currently available on the plug I have.

Please see pics below for picture of connector and plug I am talking about.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, even if it is the name of the connection! That would at least be a start.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

It looks very much like a "2 pin DIN" plug, commonly used for domestic loudspeakers. Look it up, there's someone selling two for 99p on eBay. Maplin also sell them in various styles (solder, screw, right angle) but their website appears to be down at the moment.

Thanks again but none of this actually helps as I'm not after the connectors, I have 2 of these already, I need a plug transformer to accommodate them. Spoke to 2 different napkin branches now and they are useless

Unfortunately your original question got a bit confused, when you asked about the plug then we all assumed you wanted the plug that goes on the end of the wire to each light. Transformers with a 2 pin DIN socket are available from Disability supply companies as they're used to power some Electric Recliners. Be warned though that your probably looking at paying around £30.00 for 1, it would be a lot cheaper to get a Transformer for low voltage downlighters & wire the 2 cable to this. They're available from all Electrical wholesalers priced around £10.00

Perfect, could someone just find me a link to what I need or a code please, from maplin or wherever. can not find what I'm looking for at all. Many thanks

done that and only this comes up

http://www.*************/p/wylex-mts12-1-door-bell-transformer-12v/57375?_requestid=127440

again, how will I plug this into a standard plug?

Just add a short length of Flex & plug to the Mains input side of it & your wires from the lamps into the output side, don't think a bell transformer is powerful enough for what you want though. Which was why I suggested the Lighting transformer, try: www.tlcelectrical.co.uk
Item number: TL ET60 currently listed at £3.50 + VAT

Last edited by a moderator:
Just make sure to get the wiring to the right ends, makes a nice bang & lets out smoke if you get it wrong lol. If your not sure come back & ask. 1 of us is allways about.

Reply to Help with electrical connection in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net