Discuss helpppp please in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bobby101

hi all doing a nightmare job an its the boss's 2nd house revamp job i first thought the job would be ok..., some light here there move a socket ya de ya ...... no i was so wrong ground floor now comprises of 50 spot fittings 1st floor will have an additional 40 spots effing yeha (sarcastic me ... ) my workings estimate 20 amps for lights

1.st question diversity ...... pls explain the 100w rule .....and why 100 watt

the original wiring comprises of at least 3 junction boxes, mid section of house NIGHTMARE (old school wiring) (ps. would this type of wiring pass an inspection due to the fact of looped neutrals jus wondering for future ref....

next situation boss wants 2 yes 2 showers wired min 8.4 load

2nd question. is this allowed and again diversity

please put in mind ths is a standard tncs system 100a supply

still to have massive kitchen 2b agreed. .....

help....
oh an best bit kitchen has now been plastered ha ha ha .........

lighting is for standard type lights ie 60 watt bulb might be replaced with max 100 watt, but if you are putting in down lights work out, to max down light wattage, 66% page 97
as for the nuetral that is truly oldskool, needs to be changed.
showers are fine but check out page 97 on site guide, diversity.:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
1)66% diversity allowed on light - the 100w is the max rating per fitting personally think it is outdated now

2) no diversity allowed on showers.

Reply to helpppp please in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net