Discuss House flooded in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

adam.h

A bathroom tap was left running for what could have been a week and the plug was left in at a family members house. The house is trashed as you can imagine, the plaster has soaked it all up with the carpets and wood but none of the electrics tripped. It's now been two weeks and they are finally coming to dry the house out but want someone to test the sockets are safe to use. Some nice coloured mold every where!
I have done a visual inspection on all the sockets, continuity test, and tested the RCCB and all are fine. The house itself is only about 6 years old. They havent asked for anything, just someone to say they are safe. Is there any thing else I should test?

When the water was still pouring everything was still working fine with the excption on the lights fizzing - I have only tested the ring mains as I thought it best to dry the place out first to even bother testing the lights and wait for the insurance company to remove all the crap, plus they may get someone in to do a full inspection and test.

cheers

Reply to House flooded in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi I have a Corby 7700 trouser press it is a 220w model, 3 years 10 month old. On Friday it stopped working, so I took it to the garage ready...
Replies
Views
I'm in Raleigh, North Carolina and have a well for my house's water supply. For some reason, pitless adapters, which allow all piping to be run...
Replies
Views
I was at a customers house changing a socket and they asked me a question about their lights. Some of the lights in the house suddenly get...
Replies
Views
I have been asked to change cu from old fuse board which has 6 fuses. Only 4 fuses are used. The first fuse feeds cooker circuit. This is not used...
Replies
Views
Hi all, There's 2 single fan ovens in the house my mother recently moved into. Posh elecronic AEG units. It's been sat empty for a year, so the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock