Discuss How are you advertising PV? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hmm... you guys are struggling with advertising. I will give this some thought. Maybe if you all chip into a national add campaign. As the leads come in they can be vet`d and forwarded to each regional installer to follow up on. Sales are all about good leads and numbers. It would need some organisation thoe. Also it would be fair to say the southern firms will get more leads than the northerners. Not sure how this would work. Being a Pv supplier we have a list of regional installers but do not recommend them. It is the customers choice to who they go with. We pass on the lead for free as we supply the equipment.

Hmm... you guys are struggling with advertising. I will give this some thought. Maybe if you all chip into a national add campaign. As the leads come in they can be vet`d and forwarded to each regional installer to follow up on. Sales are all about good leads and numbers. It would need some organisation thoe. Also it would be fair to say the southern firms will get more leads than the northerners. Not sure how this would work. Being a Pv supplier we have a list of regional installers but do not recommend them. It is the customers choice to who they go with. We pass on the lead for free as we supply the equipment.

Sorry Wiggers, unless my fellow pv installers have megabucks to invest in advertising (and I'm fairly sure they don't) then any above the line advertising is a complete waste of money. Some of the guys on the site are pooling resources and looking at a joint website which isn't a bad idea but national advertising is a) extortionate and b) completely ineffective. Below the line marketing - leaflets in targetted areas, press releases, networking in your local areas and possibly emarketing - again to targetted markets will help as well as keeping your website refreshed and customer testimonials up to date. All significantly less than national advertising campaigns.

"I have had numerous PV Lead companies contact me who could give us leads at £35 each and upwards. Think that is a total loss as you can't vet them prior to receiving them. Could even be form the other side of the UK!"

wouldnt bother with these, they are probably just scam artists, in fact they probably own a recruitment agency as well......I cant think how a "leads" company could get any work in at all when all the potential customer would say is "measure up and give me a price" which they can't do, so they would need to cold call people and pester them just in case, and that would just annoy the customer who in turn would do what many do with double glazing sales people, they would get you out to do a free quote 300 miles away, you pay the lead company 35 or 50 pounds plus the VAT of course, the customer (never intending to ever buy solar but just very peed off) goes "thanks for coming that was interesting, I will have a think and maybe phone you back"

"I have had numerous PV Lead companies contact me who could give us leads at £35 each and upwards. Think that is a total loss as you can't vet them prior to receiving them. Could even be form the other side of the UK!"

wouldnt bother with these, they are probably just scam artists, in fact they probably own a recruitment agency as well......I cant think how a "leads" company could get any work in at all when all the potential customer would say is "measure up and give me a price" which they can't do, so they would need to cold call people and pester them just in case, and that would just annoy the customer who in turn would do what many do with double glazing sales people, they would get you out to do a free quote 300 miles away, you pay the lead company 35 or 50 pounds plus the VAT of course, the customer (never intending to ever buy solar but just very peed off) goes "thanks for coming that was interesting, I will have a think and maybe phone you back"

Glad you think that makes my conversion rate go up considerably .....

Reply to How are you advertising PV? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net