Discuss How to actually TT a shed/garage? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I see no reason not to use a stuffing gland as long as the cable is properly secured by cleats etc.
A bit of heat shrink over the end of the cut end of the armour will keep it neat, just remember not to shrink it until after the Zs test

I'm going to extend the example now!!

If the shed/garage is going to have sockets/lights AND an electric vehicle charging point would you need to take 2 separate supplies (i.e 2 x 2 core SWA) as the charging point needs to be on it's own dedicated circuit? Or could it be on it's own dedicated circuit from the Garage CU? I would have thought the former as otherwise it's not really a dedicated circuit.

Apologies if this has been covered but If supplying a ev point I think youll need something like 40a (min depending on size of charging point) with no diversity allowed? (not done the course but im sure thats right) so in a normal house you'd probably split the tails into a new small board purely for the ev. Based on that if you were powering a shed that subsequently supplied an ev you might have to take that into account? If just a shed then its unlikely youll be using that much power at one time but might be worth considering??

Never again am I going to spend hours with TT rods attempting to get a good Ze, another couple of easy year’s fitting meters and I’m done working.

How to actually TT a shed/garage? 924FA59E-59CE-4B01-99F8-F3F7D3565F35 - EletriciansForums.net

Reply to How to actually TT a shed/garage? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock