Discuss how to sync a sunny boy 4000tl to a sunny beam wireless screen in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi i am having trouble syncing a sma sunny boy 4000tl to a sunny bea, wireless screen via bluetooth

i have set the sma inverter to positions 1 but they dont seem to sync, is there anything i am missing out

reset inverter dial to 0 and then back to 1 try again if this does'nt work ,it might be that when you are scanning it will show the net id (1) on screen, when it does scroll down to ok, click and it scans again takes a minute and you should be connected watch the inverter the blue led should light up to show the bluetooth is on

yes, turn off AC and DC ,reset and turn on the sunnybeam won't scan until the inverter is operational and outputting more than 50w

"The Bluetooth settings will first be accepted upon commissioning the inverter. <--------------------DONT UNDERSTAND THIS BIT"

the inverter identity, set by the rotary dial eg netId 1 ,becomes active when inverter is turned on

These are really easy to do as long as you 've got them set correctly and start them up in front of the inverter you should'nt have any trouble

Had the same problem with a SB2000HF the other day, Sunny Beam refused to detect the inverter when set to position 1. Tried setting rotary switch C to another setting (A in this case) and it all worked.

Just to add to my post above, the SMA bluetooth manual states than a connection to the Sunny Beam is not possible with the NetID set to 1, you need to use 2-F

2-F is for communication between inverters aint it???

RESET INVERTER ???? how do you do this ???? just turn it off and on again ??????

Is the C dial the only bluetooth switch there are there any other switchs to press ??????

From the SMA bluetooth manual: "If you use an SMA Bluetooth Repeater or a Sunny Beam with Bluetooth, you must determine a free NetID. The NetID must be between 2 and F."

I reset the inverter by isolating and removing the bottom section (SMA dc switch)

Just to add to my post above, the SMA bluetooth manual states than a connection to the Sunny Beam is not possible with the NetID set to 1, you need to use 2-F

yes sorryyou are right
I'm getting mixed up with the last job I did where the inverter display would'nt work and I rang SMA where they told me to reset to 1 but this was on the grid parameters, dials A and B and then some other combinations, anyway it went back replacement was here in three days

Please can somebody help regards connecting to computers. Bit of a technophobe and have a customer query.

The pc picks up the inverter, but Sunny Explorer will still not communicate with it.
the following message is seen
' Establishing connection failed
Quality of connection to system is poor – decrease distance to device and try again '
Has tried standing right next to inverter with laptop and it still didn’t connect

'There are already two masters available in Bluetooth Network – Remove a master and try to reconnect' ( Don’t understand this as nothing connected with system yet) Two parties are already connected to device – select another device ( Don’t understand as nothing connected with system yet)

Any ideas?

Thanks

My limited experience of connecting to a 4000TL and a 2500HF is that it can be a bit flaky.

My own windows 7 laptop manages ok. But my customer's xp laptop has more problems.

One of the issues is the range. The inverters are Class 1 Bluetooth which gives them a range of 100ft, but the laptops generally only have Class 2 Bluetooth which is 10ft. You only get the 10ft range in free air out of that combination. With the inverter in the loft and sitting at a table below it, just moving my laptop a foot or so or changing the direction it was pointing would change signal strength from 20% to 80% and down again. Also the Bluetooth frequency does not pass through flesh well so if you stand by the inverter but have your hand over the Bluetooth antenna because of how you are holding the laptop it will not work. One way to see whether the laptop can 'see' the inverter is to run up the appropriate part of control panel before you start sunny explorer and you will see all the bluetooth devices in range. You might also see whether there are any unexpected neighbours' ones that might be interfering.

Good luck
Bruce

Just bought a Belkin dongle with 100m range for my laptop and it works great. First thing to do is 'pair devices' using the bluetooth software.

When connecting, make sure you use the correct password and user combination otherwise Explorer will just keep looking. With regards to sunnybeam, I too had trouble following the instructions believing the correct setting was 1. I then changed the Net ID to anything but '1' and '0' and connected straight away.....

Reply to how to sync a sunny boy 4000tl to a sunny beam wireless screen in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net