Discuss How would you go about to wire this? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Well I expect some kind of switch which sends a pulse to a timer to hold a relay open for the socket while at the same time triggering a hold up coil on another relay which can be turned off by pressing a push to break stop button, like in a DOL starter.

Try explaining what effect you're trying to achieve rather than being cagey about what you're doing and asking how to execute your percieved solution - unless it's illegal (which is the impression you're giving) the chances are there's a product you can buy off the shelf.

Ive got a theory, will it work.

If i put a timer in between the switch and the socket. when the switch is turned on, it will start the timer for the socket. The mic will stay on and the socket will be timed for 15mins.

if you switch the mic off and on again it will again restart the timer for the socket

What you think?

its definaetly not illegal and you cant buy it of the shelf just to clarify. and thanks for your sugestion.

I have explained that when the mic is switched on, the mobile phone blocker has to switch on for 15minutes. Its inside a building where they have conferences and talks. This is what the client has specified that he wants doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think what you are after is fairly easy to achieve but it will be via electronic control using logic gates etc on a circuit board that will be doing the switching, so i suspect you really need a different forum unless you are lucky to get an electronics expert on here.

yep you can do that , use a timer circuit with a switch operating a set of relays so to keep the mike signal seperate so ,you switch a switch on the mike comes on and switches a relay which operates a timer for approx 15 mins when the timer ends the socket goes off but the mike remains on ,switch mike on and off again and the timer will stay on for 15 mins see what i mean will that help

Google '555 timer' based on the LM555 chip, very easy to build and quite cheap, only requiring a few components, connect to to a relay for switching, job done.

Reply to How would you go about to wire this? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net