Discuss I am thinking about doing this course, can anyone tell me if it is a good one to take in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Re: I am thinking about doing this course, can anyone tell me if it is a good one to

Hello

I am thinking about becoming an Electrician and I was wondering if this is a good course to do City & Guilds 2365 Course Level 2 & 3 Diploma , does anyone have any feedback?

Cheers Jay

£7000 for 16 weeks and your only gonna be an apprentice? why not just get a job as an apprentice without doing the course? Do a day release type course for a few hundred quid. That £7000 will not short-cut you to anything.

Re: I am thinking about doing this course, can anyone tell me if it is a good one to

there is loads of treads on this subject, most bad ones,

Hello

I am thinking about becoming an Electrician and I was wondering if this is a good course to do City & Guilds 2365 Course Level 2 & 3 Diploma , does anyone have any feedback?

Cheers Jay

Jay,

Give us a chance mate. More info needed. How old are you, and when you say you want to be an "Electrican", what type of work do you want to be involved in. If you can supply this info, i or someone else may be able to point you in the general direction, and maybe even open your eyes to other options within the electrical industry, and the potential costs involved, if any at all. I work in training and with NVQ's and apprenticeships, so i know a bit about it.

Cheers............Howard

Jay,

Give us a chance mate. More info needed. How old are you, and when you say you want to be an "Electrican", what type of work do you want to be involved in. If you can supply this info, i or someone else may be able to point you in the general direction, and maybe even open your eyes to other options within the electrical industry, and the potential costs involved, if any at all. I work in training and with NVQ's and apprenticeships, so i know a bit about it.

Cheers............Howard

Hello mate

Im 41 years old , I want to get a Trade that I can use well into my 60 s and make some good money . My mate has offered me some workwith him on sites and things like that , maybe domestics, just the basics to start with , but i want to do a whole apprenticeship , to level 3 , at the very least .Ive applied to guildford college but that again is 7 grand plus , I am able to get a student loan to cover it , but Id rather not .

Jay,

Given that you are 41 years old, and i will work on the assumption that you are wanting Electrical Installation. Then the C&G 2357 would be a good route to take. This qual incorporates a Technical Certificate, NVQ Level 3, but the downside, is that irrespective of any O Levels (GCSE'S in todays money) that you may have, they will be time expired unless you got Eng, Maths and ICT in the last 5 years, so you will have to do functional skills in all of those 3 subjects, so be prepared to sit in a class of 16/17/18 year olds to do these.

As for working into your 60's, dont hold you breath, and as for making some good money, dont be mislead. It is both hard work and very competitive, so think before you spend, and shop around, go direct to colleges offering this, but it wont be cheap, and also ask them if there is funding of any kind available, there are various pots of cash about from time to time so ask.

Cheers...............Howard

thanks Howard I am looking into it more

Hi JayHowe,

Just spotted your post. I would suggest giving us a call and discussing it with a course advisor. That will enable them to find out more about what type of work your are aiming to do, what your current situation is and if there is funding available for you.

We find lots of mature students struggle to get apprenticeships which are targeted more towards your 16-21 year old's and as such many guys do take the 2365 course which is almost identical to the 2357 but without the requirement to do the NVQ to gain your certificates. This gets them started in the industry and breaks through the barrier of not being able to get an apprenticeship / job because you don't have any skills.

At the moment we do have funding and 24+ loans available which can really help with the cost of the course.

There are also other options available if you are only looking to do domestic work to start with.

Reply to I am thinking about doing this course, can anyone tell me if it is a good one to take in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net