Discuss Jacuzzi in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mickys86

Hi guys, needed some help working out how much power that a jacuzzi draws. It doesn't really make sense to me but I have only just qualified so can I be excused? 

There Is no paper work to it But I took a photo of the tech info. I should have investigated more when I was there but I had run out of time. :-(

Any help would appreciated
Cheers

(uploaded via my phone and hoping that the photos are showing??)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309819407.598637.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 95
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309819449.718892.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 94
Is this a jacuzzi or a spa bath and is it being installed externally?

You need a manual, it looks like you have 3 options of supply, there will be some form of current limiting/load shedding system inside the controls box to suit whatever supply you can provide.

Last edited:
It's a jacuzzi and yes it will be externally. Plan is to have it on it's separate ip rated c/u and I need to check main incoming ( like I said I had completely run out of time )

It's a jacuzzi and yes it will be externally. Plan is to have it on it's separate ip rated c/u and I need to check main incoming ( like I said I had completely run out of time )

You absolutely need the manufacturers instructions here, there may be local electrode requirements depending on what type of surface (eg. grass) the unit will be mounted on, I always create a local TT system with 30mA RCD protection for these items, it's so easy to have a voltage gradient when stepping out onto 'true earth'.

You say that it 'doesn't really make sense' to you and that you're 'newly qualified' and for that reason, you absolutely need to seek help if you have any doubts here, these installations have a hightened shock risk.

Phone a Dealer with the model number and ask, I would hazard a guess that you've got the 16amp version from the looks of the first picture

You absolutely need the manufacturers instructions here, there may be local electrode requirements depending on what type of surface (eg. grass) the unit will be mounted on, I always create a local TT system with 30mA RCD protection for these items, it's so easy to have a voltage gradient when stepping out onto 'true earth'.

You say that it 'doesn't really make sense' to you and that you're 'newly qualified' and for that reason, you absolutely need to seek help if you have any doubts here, these installations have a hightened shock risk.

Thanks for ya help guys. They guy said he should be able to find the manufacturers instructions but he has just moved so you know how it is. The things that were confusing me was the fact that it says
pump 1 9a
Pump 2 9A
Blower 6A
Etc...

It was easy for me to presume 16A but the best thing college taught me was "presumption is the biggest f**k up of all" and I'm not afraid to ask for help :)

I won't proceed without talking to manufacturer or without having read interactions.
Ps. It's going to be on a concrete surface

I'll update what I find. Thanks

hi there, this is my first time and i hope it helps. Your spa can be set up for 16amps or 32amps, inside the main panel there is a toggel switch witch can change from 16 to 32amps. This turns the heater off when the main pump kicks in on a 16amps. If you look on the back of the main cover this will tell you how to set up. To me this is set up for a 16amp but look at switches inside.Good Luck

hi there, this is my first time and i hope it helps. Your spa can be set up for 16amps or 32amps, inside the main panel there is a toggel switch witch can change from 16 to 32amps. This turns the heater off when the main pump kicks in on a 16amps. If you look on the back of the main cover this will tell you how to set up. To me this is set up for a 16amp but look at switches inside.Good Luck

That's exactly what I was explaining in post 2, these items have to cater for various electrical setups and supply types.

I see...... Thank you for that Mark11!!!! I was getting confused by the thread too!!

Last "hot tub" I was involved with installing came with a 63a plug although it went on a 40a breaker.
That did look pretty on the side of the guys house a whopping 63a socket and isolator!!

Hi guys. The owner has finally found the manual to the jacuzzi and I have three options to which all are available.

1x16a
1x32a
3x16a

The wiring diagram for the three phase option only has two lines connected which I'm unsure about. Was just thinking about installing the 1x32a option.

I've included a picture of the wiring diagram supplied for the 3 phase option and just wondered what you guys thought.
Cheers
Michael
5ad52343-4853-c408.jpg

Ps the company is based in Canada so it's not ideal to phone technical. (would they know enough about UK regs to offer advice??)

Hi guys. The owner has finally found the manual to the jacuzzi and I have three options to which all are available.

1x16a
1x32a
3x16a

The wiring diagram for the three phase option only has two lines connected which I'm unsure about. Was just thinking about installing the 1x32a option.

I've included a picture of the wiring diagram supplied for the 3 phase option and just wondered what you guys thought.
Cheers
Michael
5ad52343-4853-c408.jpg

Ps the company is based in Canada so it's not ideal to phone technical. (would they know enough about UK regs to offer advice??)

That's it, the 3 options that I mentioned in post #2.

Did you have 3-phase available?

I think you might find that this is 3 phase 220 single phase 115v as in America Micky.

Hi Malcolm. Thanks for your reply. I just checked. It clearly states "Europe 220 volts single phase ac.

Just seen something interesting - on the single phase connection it shows that the neutral connection is a neutral cable. Although on the 3 phase option it doesnt state it's a neutral, just that it needs 3x16a. At an EDUCATED GUESS maybe it's trying to say that it The third line goes into the neutral?

I'm definitely 100% going to install this as single phase.

Ive taken a photo of the single phase diagram and note that the neutral has an N next to the cable but doesn't have the N on the three phase diagram

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313510162.636145.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 18

Reply to Jacuzzi in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net