Discuss LED PIR flood light (flashing) in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Forty_Two

DIY
Reaction score
I put it up myself just 2/3 years back. Suddenly, out of the blue, when triggered it it flashes on/off/on/off repeatedly for the prescribed on period. Knowing why it does that would be nice but either way I presume it's dead/dying and needs replacing. It's on the wall adjacent to the bedroom window (ladder needed (don't like ladders)) so I am going to have to pay someone to replace it and as that is going to cost me so I want to replace it with something that is decent quality and will last. I want max brightness; this thing is angled down onto the parked cars and I want the car thieves lit up like a Christmas tree. I think the current light is 100w in and 1000w out. What should I buy?

Attachments

• LED PIR flood light (flashing) led1 - EletriciansForums.net
    led1.png
    838.5 KB · Views: 16
  • LED PIR flood light (flashing) LED3 - EletriciansForums.net
    LED3.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
Are you aware it’s been mounted upside down?
Was that to get a good angle?

Water may have found its way into the electrics…

and is that denzo tape wrapped around the arm to the sensor?

You might want to think of a light and a separate sensor….

Agreed - due to being upside down you've no 'drip loop', so water will have eventually found it's way inside. More probably it's gotten into the sensor which is why you've got the symptoms you describe. Lot's of options for a better solution exist and as Littlespark said, possibly a separate sensor to switch one or more units.

I'm not sure upside down is quite right but yes, I tilted it down for two reason, 1. to shine down directly on the cars below and 2, Not to light up the bedrooms in the neighbours house opposite.

Fair comment about the rain though. What is my solution i.e. light facing down?

I'm not sure upside down is quite right but yes, I tilted it down for two reason, 1. to shine down directly on the cars below and 2, Not to light up the bedrooms in the neighbours house opposite.

Fair comment about the rain though. What is my solution i.e. light facing down?
It's upside down as the cable entry should always be on the bottom (or side), for just this reason!

It's upside down as the cable entry should always be on the bottom (or side), for just this reason!
Yes you are correct, I remember now hat I did that to get the the result i wanted (PIR being triggered and light down). So from what's said, I don't need a better quality light I need one that gets' me to the place I need to be (light facing down and PIR doing the job) . . . . . . please point me (link me) to that light

Some brackets do not allow a complete swivel action. They have a "stop" built in. Maybe if the wall-mount had been turned the other way up, you would have got the downward angle you desire.

Reply to LED PIR flood light (flashing) in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock