Discuss LED strip power in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hebbe29

DIY
Reaction score
I am trying to run (for the moment) just 5 metres of LED strip using an LED driver and DMX decoder. I have everything working fine when I am using a 12V battery, but just bought a driver to use instead which doesn't seem to work.
The driver I have is this 12V Premium Tagra® Professional IP67 Encased LED Driver, 150W 12.5A - https://www.ultraleds.co.uk/premium-tagrar-professional-ip67-encased-power-supply-for-12v-led-strip-lights-150w-12-5a.html
(150W, 12V) and the LED strip is 7.6W p/m, 12V.
The DMX decoder is showing that it is getting power, but no strip is working and I know that the set up works with DMX so it's a power issue.
I'm fairly new to LED strip stuff so I may be missing something obvious...?

Reply to LED strip power in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone, I would like to use LED chips for DIY projects, to power them I would start from 12V drivers for LED strips. For some chips it is...
Replies
Views
We are in the process of renovating our house, and would like to setup led strip-lighting throughout. of the options, this seems most attractive...
Replies
Views
I am currently looking to add 12v led cob strip lights to my mother's kitchen but confused what I need. There are currently mains wires under the...
Replies
Views
As the title says. But then I cut off a jst connection off one of the light strips and I can't get them to work together... the one strip is plug...
Replies
Views
First time poster here seeking a little advice/confirmation I have spurred off to a fused switch and from there running two 2.5mm cables to the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock