Discuss Megger 1553 displaying > 500 v and beeping any ideas ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi Guys
Hoping to get some help with Megger 1553 MFT which has a fault ? It displays > 500 v and beeps when switched on even with no leads plugged into it ? Has anyone come across this problem before ?

on what setting? you could have blown a fuse and the display is locked on what it showed before the fuse blew. only a guess mind.

on what setting? you could have blown a fuse and the display is locked on what it showed before the fuse blew. only a guess mind.
Hi telectrix i can't answer that as i have had it for a while and have no idea which range it was on. I have tried to change the function and it looks as though it might be PFC which it was used on last.Forgot to say i have checked fuse and all ok so it may be an internal one. I have had a look at taking it apart but looks as though i will have to remove the scale/range indicator panels to get at the screws.
Regards
Brightspark

Hi Guys
Hoping to get some help with Megger 1553 MFT which has a fault ? It displays > 500 v and beeps when switched on even with no leads plugged into it ? Has anyone come across this problem before ?
Do you have a current calibration certificate???

Hi telectrix i can't answer that as i have had it for a while and have no idea which range it was on. I have tried to change the function and it looks as though it might be PFC which it was used on last.Forgot to say i have checked fuse and all ok so it may be an internal one. I have had a look at taking it apart but looks as though i will have to remove the scale/range indicator panels to get at the screws.
Regards
Brightspark
to open a 1553, you need to take the front panel off (it's stuck on). peel off carefully to get at the screws. alternatively, send it to The Calibration Centre at Stafford. they do repairs at reasonable cost.

Hi Guys
Thanks to all of you that replied. Following on from telectrix advice i decided to bite the bullet. Bought a fuse kit of eBay and decided to take it apart. Really easy once the label has been peeled off to allow access to the four top screws. Disconnected the display ribbon cable and separated the case. Had to disconnect 2 more ribbon cables and then fuses were accessible. The 1A fuse had blown. Checked terminal connections whilst it was open and all ok. Put back together and tried and working fine. Fuses cost me £10 so alround cheap repair. Happy days.

Reply to Megger 1553 displaying > 500 v and beeping any ideas ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net