Discuss MFT 1552 User Setting in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

irishsailor

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi

Just bought a 1552 to get the hang of testing can anyone please advise of the standard user setting for testing, ie: IR, Continunity, etc

Also for Zs using the plug do u need to test on on high or no trip??

Cheers

Chris

use the hi scale when there is no rcd/rcbo and no trip where there is leads or plug the same.
500v for ir this is in the red section
ohms for continuity in the orange section remember to zero the leads

Hi

Just bought a 1552 to get the hang of testing can anyone please advise of the standard user setting for testing, ie: IR, Continunity, etc

Also for Zs using the plug do u need to test on on high or no trip??

Cheers

Chris
very good choice irish ;)

acvc

-
Arms
Yeah I was less than happy with the 'instructions'/guidance that came with that meter. Having just passed exams last year and being more up with the principle than the practice, i found it hard work.

Yeah I was less than happy with the 'instructions'/guidance that came with that meter. Having just passed exams last year and being more up with the principle than the practice, i found it hard work.
surely you cant mean the megger :confused: the instructions that came with mine were superb, and the meter is so easy to use and self explanatory that you shouldnt need instructions anyway :rolleyes:

S

Spudnik

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Now, tell me to shut up if you like, but, reading up on multi function testers, they do seem to cause a lot of hassle, whatever the make.

I know they are better priced than separates, but i have never had much trouble from my Robins.

I

irishsailor

Im new to testing guys so was just asking if anyone has a guide. Must admit the Zs plug is tip top!!

E

ezzzekiel

ramp test, auto rcd, permanent 500v on probes all good stuff

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to MFT 1552 User Setting in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

Top Bottom