Discuss Newbeee with bedroom wall light conundrum in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jubee

Hello all,

Hope this finds you well.

Three or so years ago I qualified at college after taking C&G 2330 and the 17th Edition. It was a part time day release course and took 4 years to complete. I wasn't in the trade at the time and so any experience came from working nights and weekends as an electricians mate. We were mainly on complete wires ripping out and starting again. It was great work, and a perfect opportunity to get hands on, something that college lacked incredibly.

My job has evolved over the last few years and I've ended up doing more house refurbishments than electrical work. Still very much the go to man when houses need a rewire with BC doing the ultimate sign off. Looking to join/ register with a scheme this year as miss the electrical side of the trade. Separate topic though.

Complete rewires I'm confident with but problem solving not so much, I suppose it'll come with time.

My wife and I (recently married, que ahhh) have bought our first home and I'm in the process of rewiring it. BC on board but with the plan of using this place as evidence to register with a scheme after the heads up from the NICEIC.

With the intro done, my headscratch...

In our bedroom, I have installed a central pendant and two bedside lights. Switches either side of bed control their individual bedside light and central pendant. After boarding out, plaster, second fix, wife suggested that couldn't we switch each others bedside lights off too? Grrr, overlook on my behalf. Without too much disruption I pulled in two three core cables; switch to switch.

I've drawn a wiring diagram of what I've done minus the 2x 3 core cables. Will it be possible to switch each other's lights off? Hands up, it's beaten me, hopefully something simple I've overlooked, too embarrassed to ring my old lecturer, better to be faceless on here:rolleyes4::rolleyes4::rolleyes4:

Cheers and thank you

Jubee

Attachments

• image.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 65
Only need one 3c!

Switch 1:
common - brown
L1 - black and feed
L2 - grey and switch wire

Switch 2
Common - brown
L1 - black
L2 - grey and other switch wire

If you draw it out you'll get it

Forgot to state that I'd changed the 2 gang for 3 gang switches. Without drawing it out, I think I can see what I've done. :6:

Thankyou

Reply to Newbeee with bedroom wall light conundrum in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net