Discuss Offshore Spark Looking For Career Change in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

fatchalice76

Hi folks,
First time on here. I'm an Electrician with a few years offshore experience. I'm looking to still work offshore but was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a career change?
I'm willing to take a pay cut and start at the bottom of the ladder. I know it is very vague but I'm open to all suggestions, and figure this would be the best place to get some info.

Cheers!​

Hi folks,
First time on here. I'm an Electrician with a few years offshore experience. I'm looking to still work offshore but was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a career change?
I'm willing to take a pay cut and start at the bottom of the ladder. I know it is very vague but I'm open to all suggestions, and figure this would be the best place to get some info.

Cheers!​

Are you just installation? If so you should look into going Maintenance to workyourself to Maintenance Management, some good cash there. You obviously already have compex etc. You just might need to get your HNC/HND

Yeah I've thought about it, the company I'm working for said they might put me through HNC/HND. I was wanting a complete change, I feel if I done this I would be getting deeper into the electrical game I'm trying to get out of.
Just feel a bit stuck.

What do you know about Process Operator jobs? Mainly job roll and pay, its all very vague when I look on the web.

Basically you're the guy who sits in factories pressing the buttons/loading/unloading/and packing the job up. As it says, you're an operator. Depending on what you're operating I'd say this is a massive step down from a spark, let alone offshore. You do the same thing day in day out the only thing that may possibly change is a new machine or a different process, but essentially all you do is the same process over and over again, takes a certain type of person to actually enjoy it lol.

Generally pay is Min wage -> £9/h but can be more depending on the company, although usually you get a lot of overtime and if you work for a 24/7 company then you're getting payed 7 days a week.

Reply to Offshore Spark Looking For Career Change in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net