Discuss Ofgem Feed-in Tariff “Generating equipment” decision in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Worcester

-
Mentor
Reaction score
This is the response from OFGEM in relation to a consultation that they ran some time ago and covers second-hand equipment that cannot be used in a system to claim FiTs if it has been used in a previously accredited system.

The document defines exactly what the scope of that equipment is - i.e. for PV it is just the panels and inverter - so anything else (cable, connectors, isolators etc) can be used again even if second-hand.

OFGEM have gone out of their way to say that this is the only context in which this interpretation should be used. Not surprising as some of us had already made representations to OFGEM pointing out the illogicality of including inverters as part of a PV 'system' from this aspect but excluding them when calculating TIC.

It's also ridiculous that they have included the inverter as part of the system for PV but not included it for wind turbines or hydro.

Thnaks TedM, that explains why I didn't initially understand the opening para!

Renewable installations using “generating equipment” that has previously received support under the Renewables Obligation (RO) or Feed-in Tariff (FIT) schemes are not entitled to receive support through the FIT scheme.

Of course it therfore doesn't stop you using 2nd hand or refurbished equipment so long as it has never been used in an installation "that has previously received support under the Renewables Obligation (RO) or Feed-in Tariff (FIT) schemes" so 2nd hand Australian ones are OK :), but refurbished UK ones aren't...

Reply to Ofgem Feed-in Tariff “Generating equipment” decision in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net