Discuss PAT Testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

EddieB

-
Arms
Reaction score
Guys is there a mandatory qualification to be able to PAT test as a business, or is it a "training course" that you need to attend before setting up. I've experience in PAT testing but that was about 4 years ago.

Hi as far as I know their is nothing mandatory but city and guilds do offer a qualification but cant remember the number I know the rules on pat testing are about to be updated and think less testing will be needed so may be less work

Mandatory qualification no, requirement to prove competence yes.

Some companies that retrain existing staff may do a 'competency course' which is non accredited.

More reputable locations - such as Royal Festival Hall in Southbank where I delivered the 2377-22 last week - may recognise that their electrical bias personnel and some non electrical bias personnel such as audio and video geeks are better suited to achieve a recognised qualification by City and Guilds.

Reply to PAT Testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Not sure if asking about rates is allowed, but I'm wondering what people's thoughts are on chargeable rates for PAT testing. Baring in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We have a limited in house PAT testing requirement and were advised that the TIS700 fitted our needs. The unit works fine for 110V and...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, first of all, really sorry if it's a daft question but I'm having a bit of brain fart. Recently I received some calls (for the first...
Replies
Views
I've been a member for ages but received an email saying I needed to post on the Forum or my account would be terminated, so here we are. My main...
Replies
Views
Hi, Wonder if anyone can advise please. My Father is thinking of setting up a business to sell 2nd hand mobility scooters to sell in a shop...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock