Discuss Perfect Van for Electricians in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Reaction score
What's the perfect Van for Electricians? And what Van do you have? If you have them, please attach pictures to your reply. :) We loooooove the pics!

I got the new style Astra Van, its a nice looking van but as Gravid said its a pain in the arse stretching over everything to get to something you need. I like the new Caddy van

bought a new transit middle of 07 and it spent more time with fords than me in its first 6 months.

my 04 connect has been ultra reliable though and i would recommend to anyone (as long as its the lwb model) ;)

Attachments

• P1010227.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 157
  • P1010253.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 124
I have got the new caddy van and wouldn't reccomens it to anyone ! Never driven such a thirsty van in my life ! You could run a much much larger van alot cheaper !

When I was looking it was between the new astra and the caddy and I wish I went with the astra and will be the next van for sure.... In silver ;)

Plus points for the caddy..... Well the side door is handy, and they are well built and reliable ! Thing is I got the caddy thinking it was bigger than the astra but really it's not it's actually shorter but it is taller which I don't need and the only benefit is not reaching to the back as you have the side door.

Sorry for no pics !

update

fourth turbo is now needed on my new transit. bought in may 07 and covered just 55k miles :mad:

that equates to a new turbo every 6.5 months or 13750 miles :eek:

best sell it on before the warranty runs out ;)

Has anyone got the Mercedes VITO or the VW Transporter. Got to get a van soon . . . seen loads around - but are they all London rejects due to the new EMMISIONS law in place there ?????

If you are just starting out, you maybe better off getting a newer, smaller van, rather than an older, bigger van.

My list of vans so far, in order

Astravan Mk2 1.6

Astravan Mk3 1.7D

Citroen Berlingo 1.9TD

Vauxhall Vivaro 1.9

Vauxhall vivaro 1.9 Sportive

Now - Astravan Sportive SE

See the pattern?:D

I once had a Berlingo, which was ok, but after an hour or so I got terrible knee pain because of the cramped leg space. It also had several electrical problems, and the inner plastic arches fell off every time I went through a puddle. I then had a renault traffic which was a much better driving position, but that too had electrical problems, and the engine had no power till 2000 rpm, then it ran out of steam at 3800 rpm. Roundabouts or junctions in the wet were terrible, because under 2000rpm it bogged down leaving you stranded in the middle of the road waiting for the turbo to wake up, and over 2000rpm the wheels spun.
When I started working for myself I bought a cheap sprinter to get me going until I had some spare cash. the plan was to get a new van when it started costing me money. 3 years later it's still going at 247,000 miles.
I'm really tempted by a new or nearly new Vito, although a mechanic has recently told me I'd be better off keeping the sprinter because it'll be more reliable so now I'm not so sure:confused:

We have a Vivaro, got it new in 2004 and up until now we've never had any trouble with it, having said that, its just had a new fuel pump. Great van, nice drive much better than the transit I think. the 6 speed gearbox makes it a pleasure on motorways.

Depends what and how much you carry, weather you want to tow, ect. We have Astras, Combos and Vivaros but the best all rounders and my favorite vans are the Combos.

6484061903_9f3e9efe2d_b.jpg

6483905225_6f3e81beed_b.jpg
6483907359_7d831bfd5b_b.jpg

Can anyone help, I have just done a rewire on a house that has been completley refurbished and the homeowner has decided to put the old boiler (Glow worm) back into service and wants a s plan. I dont normally get involved with boilers and there is no wiring diagram for the boiler. There is 2 flex cables coming from the boiler, one has the usual Cpc, Live and neutral. the other is a 5 core flex and without the wiring diagram that came with the boiler, i need to know what each core serves

Tj
your post would be better in the central heating forum. if you pm dan or jason, they will move it for you.

Reply to Perfect Van for Electricians in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net