Discuss Perfect Van for Electricians in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

I drive a 2007 Mk 7 Ford Transit T350 115ps Jumbo LX. Heavily kitted with all the LX mod cons including heated windscreen, fog lights, auto lights & wipers, 6 speed gear box etc. Clifford alarm fitted & additional locks.
5acb1b1d-283d-135a.jpg
5acb1b1d-2858-2f19.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ6vxe9iNmI
I have the OS fully racked including 2 custom crates built for my huskies & an internal glaziers frail on the near side & a large echo chamber at the front behind the cab.

It's a great van. Maybe a bit big for just a sparky but being a spark, joiner, plumber, tiler, decorator, roofer, bricky etc, it's ideal for me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Couple a' Tools

Last edited by a moderator:
OK this is the industrial side of it. I used a Transit flat back for 12 years and before that Land Rover 110’s. You’d be amazed at the amount of junk we could accumulate in the back.

Just wish I’d got pictures of the 5 X 2.5M steel shed balanced on the back of the transit, it over hung a bit. (A lot). A FLT had to follow me to lift the arse end up every time it over balanced. Steering was a bit precarious.

I use a Vivaro and find it the perfect size with shelves in the back. I'd never buy anything smaller.
Worst van: citreon Dispatch (my last van) rubbish

Vw Transporter t5 104bhp but been remapped. Had transits,vivaros,connects,astras's nothing like a vw. Next step some 20" range rover stormer wheels

Vauxhall vivaro van every time, make sure it has the 6-speed cog swapper not the 5 ,and its availaible with twin side loading doors so you can route out your gear from both sides.!

Must look respectable when turning up to customers properties. Used to have a fiesta courier that didn't look too good on folks drives and they were not impressed with the oil leaks lol

i`m sure that many people will laugh at this but i`v been looking at second hand LDV 200 pilots....not fast but the 1.9 peugeot diesel just keeps going....lots of em cheap and the insurance for em isn`t too bad......dont rust like a transit either.......

I would seriously consider another van. There's a reason why ldv's are so cheap and dont hold their price. They do drop to bits, transit would be a lot better

Pug Expert 2009 model..

seems ok to me at present and i thrash it every where!! my berlingo 2006 model died after i recreated a scene from titanic when i went down a farm road and ended up knee deep in water with ice bergs floating past me...!! (january 2011) just after the really bad snow and ice lol...!

luckily i drove outteh other side but within 2 weeks it cost me just shy of 1k in repairs!! :( gulp..!

I've just replaced my 1999 Smiley transit for a 2003 Fiat Ducato 2.0litre JTD and I'm loving it, the drive is awesome and talk about storage space. Also, being on the shorter side I can very nearly stand up fully in the back lol

The only downfall is parking it in places. Due to it being wider than a car when reverse parking it you lose sight of the vehicle behind. Until I purchase some reverse sensors I'm just going to have to wait for the "Nudge" to let me know that I'm too close lol

I'll post up some pictures once I've taken some:thumbsup

yeah i used the nudge trick in my new van as well...!! nudged a nissan micra at 5mph!! no damage to me but massive dent in door of micra...!! unfortunately it was dark and the street was too packed with cars to park up and tell some body!! oh well... unsign written van as well at time..!! lol

Vauxhaull Combo is ideal for inspection and smaller jobs. A side door is a must. It's not to high either if your of the vertically challenged type.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its just cost me £120 for one of those little nudges at xmas. Police went into wholesalers with my reg number looking for van. Apparently someone drove past and saw me reverse into a punto. No damage to van and didn't know id done it. :(

But that's why they're called BUMPERS and RUB strips isn't it lol

Actually, I DON'T use this method at all... Unless I'm parking outside my own house and it's my Wife's car that I'm reversing up to ;)

:thumbsup

Reply to Perfect Van for Electricians in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net