Pir

Discuss Pir in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I’ve not been on here for a while and I’m getting out of touch with modern products.
I’d like to fit a stand alone PIR to switch on an existing halogen (100 watt) light fitting and an existing bulkhead light fitting (100 watt tungsten).
I’d like to fit an additional LED (20 watts) light fitting. Therefore PIR switching 3 light fittings.
PIR needs to be 45-180 degrees.
Any recommendations for decent practical PIR?
Can a PiR control different type of lamps?
Thanks (rusty electrician)

Hi Guys, I’ve not been on here for a while and I’m getting out of touch with modern products.
I’d like to fit a stand alone PIR to switch on an existing halogen (100 watt) light fitting and an existing bulkhead light fitting (100 watt tungsten).
I’d like to fit an additional LED (20 watts) light fitting. Therefore PIR switching 3 light fittings.
PIR needs to be 45-180 degrees.
Any recommendations for decent practical PIR?
Can a PiR control different type of lamps?
Thanks (rusty electrician)
First off what do you mean by PIR

First off what do you mean by PIR
think he's referring to a passive infra red motion sensor. as to his query, most PIRs will switch multiple loads up to their rated wattage. mixing load types could cause problems however with LEDs glowing dim when they should be off

@driver man what makes you think that we are opposed to the UK. I have no problems and have quite a few friends on this forum
think what he meant was that his post went into the USA section instead of (as opposed to) the UK section.

No offence meant at all.
I was assuming that I should be directing my question to the UK.
I think that was a funny. At least I presume it was as I gave it a funny Imoji. American since of humour.

we are a multi cultural site. Mega watt is a big participant.

anyway. For me sentinel PIR are the best. I have 3 outside lights functioning from 3 sentinel PIRs . They have been up for 10 years. No problems.

I think that was a funny. At least I presume it was as I gave it a funny Imoji. American since of humour.

we are a multi cultural site. Mega watt is a big participant.

anyway. For me sentinel PIR are the best. I have 3 outside lights functioning from 3 sentinel PIRs . They have been up for 10 years. No problems.
another 5 years you can put them on antiques roadshow. ?

Reply to Pir in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock