Discuss Pricing for a job need help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

It doesn't make sense. I don't see how you can pay for basic rent, bills and food with this.
many months ago I posted the same situation.

someone I know was investigated .It was all going ok, "Ive had a terrible year blah blah blah" .Tax man then turns arounds and says "Now show me how you lived " ? He could not show how he paid for things as it had all been cash in hand etc .Tax man laughed his head off and told him it happens all the time .The clever ones GET OVERDRAFTS /LOANS OR USE CREDIT CARDS etc to at least say this is how we funded our everyday needs :)

After reading Brian's comments on this thread and this:

I'm becoming more convinced that this a long slow wind-up game.
Other threads are available and maybe more deserving of attention!

He’s been on a few threads over the years with this £150 a day pricing from what I recall, they all seem to go the shame way.

I’m not buying it to be honest. Plasters I use are charging £200 a day (cash price). I don’t see why any self respecting Electrician would work for £150, double it and we’re getting closer.

He’s been on a few threads over the years with this £150 a day pricing from what I recall, they all seem to go the shame way.

I’m not buying it to be honest. Plasters I use are charging £200 a day (cash price). I don’t see why any self respecting Electrician would work for £150, double it and we’re getting closer.

Don't forget the £85 EICRs.

It's got to be a wind up! I hadn't seen that thread, if it's not then the guy must be living in a different country or timezone!! Even your average man on the street has heard of NICEIC!! 40 yrs in the game and doesn't know what notification is. Can't be true.

You won't get any trades people in my area for less than £200 cash per day in my area

A friend of mine tiled my bathroom just before Covid and I paid him his normal cash rate and that worked out roughly £600 for 2 days work

All this nonsense of £150 a day is laughable , I was getting £150 a day 15-16 years ago

Well again I guess it must be down to where you live....if you advertised in this area you'd have to fight them off.
You speak as if North Kent has a wall around

Jesus lol. I was erring on the side of trying to be "diplomatic". But seeing the other thread leads me to believe it's a wind up OR it is actually Dave from the end of the bar who hasn't put his prices up to match real electricians lol.

£150 a day is a wind up , it has to be....

The 16 year old lads that sweep the building sites in London get more than that

Yeah I even just wasted MY time just double checking because I don't travel outside my wee bubble down here in east kent. Even PAYE sparks on indeed are looking at 40k on the cards with van etc. Subby bottom of the range is £20 and that had zero bites in 12 days....lol
Funny enough there WAS an ad for improvers at ......................£150 a day lol again posted 12 days ago zero takers.
Posting to either wind people up or he is trying to get someone to work for him at £15 per hour lol

Yeah I even just wasted MY time just double checking because I don't travel outside my wee bubble down here in east kent. Even PAYE sparks on indeed are looking at 40k on the cards with van etc. Subby bottom of the range is £20 and that had zero bites in 12 days....lol
Funny enough there WAS an ad for improvers at ......................£150 a day lol again posted 12 days ago zero takers.
Posting to either wind people up or he is trying to get someone to work for him at £15 per hour lol
If anyone is winding anyone up I think it's you....£40,000 paye...is ludicrous....look in the job agencies in Maidstone ...you won't fine any electrical work offering more than 16.00 per hour including overtime ...40,000 is chartered engineer money.

If anyone is winding anyone up I think it's you....£40,000 paye...is ludicrous....look in the job agencies in Maidstone ...you won't fine any electrical work offering more than 16.00 per hour including overtime ...40,000 is chartered engineer money.
If indeed any of this is remotely true (it can't be. How can anyone live on 8k per year unless you are still at home.woth your parents maybe?) I'm not sure that someone who is in the trade but doesn't know what notifiable work is, or has no grasp of building regulations, is worth more than £15 per hr.

Electrician (18th Edition, 2391 Test and Inspect)
Vannin Solutions Ltd
Maidstone (ME14), Maidstone
From £45,000 to £50,000 per annum Holiday, Training & Progression, Pri
Vannin Solutions Ltd
Permanent
Posted 9 days ago
Activate one-click apply. What is one-click apply?
We require 18th Edition Electricians 2391 test and inspect (or equivalent) for a role within an established and progressive UK rail company.

For this role, you will have rail experience as an electrician. Experience of 650v is also a advantage although not essential for this particular position.

The package includes:

Choice of South East and South Coast based locations
25 days holiday
Pension
Private Healthcare for up to 4 family members
Life Insurance
Annual Bonus
Training and progression
For more details and a confidential, discussion, apply below or contact us.

Others at bottom of same Ad
People also viewed
Electrician
Ashford, Kent
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Training, Pension, Travel
Electricians
Aldington, Ashford, TN25 6AF
£22 - £23 per hour
Mobile Electrician
Rochester (ME3)
Up to £42,000 per annum Up to £42,000 +

Electrician (18th Edition, 2391 Test and Inspect)
Vannin Solutions Ltd
Maidstone (ME14), Maidstone
From £45,000 to £50,000 per annum Holiday, Training & Progression, Pri
Vannin Solutions Ltd
Permanent
Posted 9 days ago
Activate one-click apply. What is one-click apply?
We require 18th Edition Electricians 2391 test and inspect (or equivalent) for a role within an established and progressive UK rail company.

For this role, you will have rail experience as an electrician. Experience of 650v is also a advantage although not essential for this particular position.

The package includes:

Choice of South East and South Coast based locations
25 days holiday
Pension
Private Healthcare for up to 4 family members
Life Insurance
Annual Bonus
Training and progression
For more details and a confidential, discussion, apply below or contact us.

Others at bottom of same Ad
People also viewed
Electrician
Ashford, Kent
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Training, Pension, Travel
Electricians
Aldington, Ashford, TN25 6AF
£22 - £23 per hour
Mobile Electrician
Rochester (ME3)
Up to £42,000 per annum Up to £42,000 +
Seems to good to be true...there must be a catch

From his previous posts @Brian Taylor has been a sparky for over 30 years. And mustn't have increased his prices since he started out.

8k a year take home, well you ain't gonna be paying any tax on £153.84 a week. Aldi is a tenner an hour, if you can get a job with them for 16 hours a week then you get a slight take home pay increase, holiday pay and some pension. A step in the right direction.

Seems to good to be true...there must be a catch
Yeah the catch is you need to be a fully qualified electrician to the latest standards. If you look closely at the copy/pate i did from indeed you will note that there is 4 ad's there 3 offering over 40k and one offering £22-£23 per hour....So that's 4 jobs all with a "catch".
Right I'm off to watch the rest of the snooker now. I am done with the --- for tat. In my humble opinion you are either on the troll path or you simply are not qualified and you are just doing leccy work for friends...If that's the case you could earn more as a improver/electrical labourer.
I promise (myself) that I am done with this now lol. I'm actually working nearly a full day tomorrow so I need to rest now lol.

Sorry to OP as this has just distracted from your question which I hope has been answered. Think we said 3 days at your day rate and we assume/hope your day rate is high enough to actually cover your expected wages and your business costs from admin to fuel including every single pound that you spend to operate your business including sick pay/holiday pay/down times insurances and the plethora of stuff that MANY people overlook when they first start a business.

Yeah the catch is you need to be a fully qualified electrician to the latest standards. If you look closely at the copy/pate i did from indeed you will note that there is 4 ad's there 3 offering over 40k and one offering £22-£23 per hour....So that's 4 jobs all with a "catch".
Right I'm off to watch the rest of the snooker now. I am done with the --- for tat. In my humble opinion you are either on the troll path or you simply are not qualified and you are just doing leccy work for friends...If that's the case you could earn more as a improver/electrical labourer.
I promise (myself) that I am done with this now lol. I'm actually working nearly a full day tomorrow so I need to rest now lol.

Sorry to OP as this has just distracted from your question which I hope has been answered. Think we said 3 days at your day rate and we assume/hope your day rate is high enough to actually cover your expected wages and your business costs from admin to fuel including every single pound that you spend to operate your business including sick pay/holiday pay/down times insurances and the plethora of stuff that MANY people overlook when they first start a business.
No need to apologise! My thoughts is this man is a troll no 2 ways about it 🤣

But appreciate all the genuine replies you've been great help, thank you.

Reply to Pricing for a job need help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net