Discuss Qualified Electricians Please! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

You need to tell us what the NVQ pack requires and deems is a "qualified electrician"?
Hi,

The pack requires a qualified electrician to give me these details to send off to ERR Ltd, the company for which I'm doing my NVQ with: copies of the electrician's qualifications, a copy of his or her up to date CV and a signature.

thanks

Charles

You need to tell us what the NVQ pack requires and deems is a "qualified electrician"?
The qualified person has to have a gold card, be willing to give me a copy of his or her qualifications, give me a copy of their up to date CV, give me their full name, I'll also need their address and they would need to sign off all my tasks once completed by me, please.

All above is what required by the NVQ pack from ERR Ltd.

Hope this information helps

Thanks much

Charles

The qualified person has to have a gold card, be willing to give me a copy of his or her qualifications, give me a copy of their up to date CV, give me their full name, I'll also need their address and they would need to sign off all my tasks once completed by me, please.
I don't think so, you need to be on site to watch you doing the tasks.which dum --- it going to do that.

I expressed this to my training provider that people might not be happy to give me thier personal details, but their response was, I am not trying hard enough to get the details from qualified electricians.

I personally believe that this is a method frequently used by ERR Ltd to slow the trainees down as they only have one electrical tutor who does the whole of the UK.

ERR Ltd was the one who forced me to ask on this forum as I didn't feel comfortable asking for such information.

The thing is, I have completed every possible qualification there is to obtain, electrically speaking, and my NVQ is the last thing I need to be fully qualified

This is truly frustrating for a company to have me approaching qualified electricians to ask them for their personal details and I have been turned down by few people already, even a close friend.

I feel as if I'm getting nowhere!

mmm, i dont doubt the need to ensure the electrician overseeing the NVQ would have to disclose their details to ensure the NVQ is being managed correctly, however, they do appear to be having a problem delivering against their own claims......

In reality, a stranger electrician giving you their personal details to be used to justify an NVQ without that electrician actually being your mentor does appear far fetched.

I'd be asking them for a refund and considering asking trading standards to take a look at their business practices.

It would appear as though they can't provide the comprehensive training offered and are instead asking students to find a random electrician, whose details can be used to pretend work has been inspected.

There have been issues raised about several training providers, but this is an entirely new effort at getting around certifying body requirements. I reckon City & Guilds and EAL would be interested to learn about these guys.

mmm, i dont doubt the need to ensure the electrician overseeing the NVQ would have to disclose their details to ensure the NVQ is being managed correctly, however, they do appear to be having a problem delivering against their own claims......

In reality, a stranger electrician giving you their personal details to be used to justify an NVQ without that electrician actually being your mentor does appear far fetched.

I'd be asking them for a refund and considering asking trading standards to take a look at their business practices.

It would appear as though they can't provide the comprehensive training offered and are instead asking students to find a random electrician, whose details can be used to pretend work has been inspected.

There have been issues raised about several training providers, but this is an entirely new effort at getting around certifying body requirements. I reckon City & Guilds and EAL would be interested to learn about these guys.
I agree. That was what I suggested!

Thanks for this information. I'll contact trading standard regarding this.

The thing is, I have completed every possible qualification there is to obtain, electrically speaking, and my NVQ is the last thing I need to be fully qualified
Interesting statement, can you tell us what qualifications you already have as they may be sufficient to join a scheme and be assessed, may be an idea to approach one and find out.

Sounds like the scams you see on e-by where someone asks to inspect you expensive item for sale and asks for your address, then surprise surprise you get broken into, akin to asking for an electricians full name and address, thinking further, I thought the route to becoming an electrician was the NVQ first?

Interesting statement, can you tell us what qualifications you already have as they may be sufficient to join a scheme and be assessed, may be an idea to approach one and find out.
These are the qualifications I have so far: Pasma, iPaf, levels 2&3, 18th, 2391, Solar, AM2 and Bridging Unit.

I have been working in the industry for six years.

Sounds like the scams you see on e-by where someone asks to inspect you expensive item for sale and asks for your address, then surprise surprise you get broken into, akin to asking for an electricians full name and address, thinking further, I thought the route to becoming an electrician was the NVQ first?
They seem to be legit, so I think it would be more get people's information to sell it - we know that is a thing now.

I contacted other companies which claimed, that isn't the case with them but, I already paid ERR Ltd so I can't go elsewhere now unless they are willing to refund me.

One lady at the office said the course was nonrefundable when I asked for the nvq equivalent to take my service elsewhere.

I have been informed quite recently by NBD that you can't have the AM2 without already having an NVQ?

To the OP: as I said above why not contact a Scheme provider and ask if you can join with your current qualifications, let's face it, they can't survive without members so should not be that obstructive.

Last edited:
How about asking for a partial re-fund as their requirements breach the Personal Privacy Act asking for details of someone not involved or training with them, need to look that up to see if its correct.

The bit about "to be able to control who can see or use information about you."

Last edited:
I have been informed quite recently by NBD that you can't have the AM2 without already having an NVQ?

To the OP: as I said above why not contact a Scheme provider and ask if you can join with your current qualifications, let's face it, they can't survive without members so should not be that obstructive.
Yes you can, as I do. My AM2 was submitted to ECS recently and checked it over and gave me an EXPERIENCED WORK'S CARD.

Everyone I. Spoke to said the same like you, but ERR managed to manipulate that part the course so they could mess people around at the end, like they are doing to me now.

I also caught them in much lies: between ERR Ltd and NEW TRADES CAREERS (NTC).

NTC is my training provider and they are the ones who demanded that I come on this platform and ask for the information in which I did.

Last edited:

Reply to Qualified Electricians Please! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net