Discuss Qualified Electricians Please! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Good to hear that you were able to get the correct information regarding the order in which the NVQ and AM2 should be done.

It's not the correct order, but clearly it is possible to sit the AM2 before gaining the required NVQ.

Here is the page from NET detailing gateway requirements for the AM2

ECR will provide an experienced worker card to someone with a JIB recognised level 3 theory qualification, who intends to complete their NVQ within 18 months and this card must be renewed within 18 months

The problem here is that in order to fully complete level 3 of C&G 2365 (or equivalent) and gain an NVQ, you must complete a portfolio of work undertaken to the satisfaction of the relevant awarding body. Without completing this, it is not possible to be awarded level 3 NVQ (vocational qualification as opposed to theory), nor to undertake the AM2, yet here you appear to have slipped through the cracks, yet can't actually complete level 3.

I don't imagine any spark is going to provide the details you require, in order to allow someone whose work the know nothing of to be signed off in their name.

I'd suggest your best bet would be to make use of that ECR card and get working on site under a spark, where you will be able to gain the experience required to complete a protfolio and be in a position to have it signed off by someone who has actually seen the work carried out and will be happy to make a statement to that effect. That or take the experienced worker assessment, although you would ordinarily be required to provide evidence of five years experience in order to do so.

It's not the correct order, but clearly it is possible to sit the AM2 before gaining the required NVQ.

Here is the page from NET detailing gateway requirements for the AM2

ECR will provide an experienced worker card to someone with a JIB recognised level 3 theory qualification, who intends to complete their NVQ within 18 months and this card must be renewed within 18 months

The problem here is that in order to fully complete level 3 of C&G 2365 (or equivalent) and gain an NVQ, you must complete a portfolio of work undertaken to the satisfaction of the relevant awarding body. Without completing this, it is not possible to be awarded level 3 NVQ (vocational qualification as opposed to theory), nor to undertake the AM2, yet here you appear to have slipped through the cracks, yet can't actually complete level 3.

I don't imagine any spark is going to provide the details you require, in order to allow someone whose work the know nothing of to be signed off in their name.

I'd suggest your best bet would be to make use of that ECR card and get working on site under a spark, where you will be able to gain the experience required to complete a protfolio and be in a position to have it signed off by someone who has actually seen the work carried out and will be happy to make a statement to that effect. That or take the experienced worker assessment, although you would ordinarily be required to provide evidence of five years experience in order to do so.
Thanks much for the advice!

Charles

Yes you can, as I do. My AM2 was submitted to ECS recently and checked it over and gave me an EXPERIENCED WORK'S CARD.

Everyone I. Spoke to said the same like you, but ERR managed to manipulate that part the course so they could mess people around at the end, like they are doing to me now.

I also caught them in much lies: between ERR Ltd and NEW TRADES CAREERS (NTC).

NTC is my training provider and they are the ones who demanded that I come on this platform and ask for the information in which I did.
New trades careers? I think that's one we have a fair bit of bad feedback about?

New trades careers? I think that's one we have a fair bit of bad feedback about?
Thanks much for the information.

I have reported them to trading standard.

Trading Standard was not happy about N.T.C. and their criteria for NVQ Level in Electrical so they've helped me to put in a complaint against them.

I have sent off the letter to N.T.C. last night and they have 14 days to get back to me.

I truly appreciate the help and feedback I have gotten here on this platform!

The course trainer can assess and sign off your work. Check C&G site! The portfolio is finally assessed by an external assessor. A customer can sign off on your work as well! Really don't know their job do they.

The course trainer can assess and sign off your work. Check C&G site! The portfolio is finally assessed by an external assessor. A customer can sign off on your work as well! Really don't know their job do they.

OP states that the training provider has one tutor for whole of UK. I suspect they don't have anyone qualified, so they're putting this back on trainees to find someone whose details can be used.

It all sounds very dodgy.

Thanks much for the information.

I have reported them to trading standard.

Trading Standard was not happy about N.T.C. and their criteria for NVQ Level in Electrical so they've helped me to put in a complaint against them.

I have sent off the letter to N.T.C. last night and they have 14 days to get back to me.

I truly appreciate the help and feedback I have gotten here on this platform!
Hey Dan, sorry it took me this long to get back to you, but I'm currently awaiting the second response from BT before taking the final step, which is to start court proceedings with the help of Trading Standards.

NTC said that they would not contact you as you have asked me tell them to get in touch with you, seeing that they are a business.

I also contacted City & Guilds who said that they are not responsible for the information requested by NTC. City & Guilds went on to say that these rules are set out by the training provider.

NTC lied to me and said that these rules for the witness statement information was put in place by city & guilds but this just confirmed that NTC is nothing but a big liar!

Hopefully the court will reward me with the correct amount to pay for my NVQ.

Thanks again Dan for your help!

I have been informed quite recently by NBD that you can't have the AM2 without already having an NVQ?
That's two people in as many days who've been able to sit it without first attaining the supposed requisite NVQ.

It's the other way round, or certainly was when I qualified.
The AM2 certificate must be included in the level 3 NVQ portfolio before it can be submitted for assessment.

It's the other way round, or certainly was when I qualified.
The AM2 certificate must be included in the level 3 NVQ portfolio before it can be submitted for assessment.
I have my AM2 but not yet completed my NVQ. It is legitimate cause it has been submitted to ECS who gave me an Experienced Workers Card as a result so I know for sure that it's not illegal.

We can't go forward to the AM2 until NVQ is completed and signed off.

By 'we' I mean everyone studying at a college in NI.
I spoke with City & Guilds and they said that the rules are set by the training providers so different providers do things differently but when you question them about the rules that may come across as not making any sense, as it would appear to be beneficial for the training providers only, they would try to lie and blame the rules on City & Guilds.

I have experienced this with ERR Ltd which is a training provider.

I spoke with City & Guilds and they said that the rules are set by the training providers so different providers do things differently but when you question them about the rules that may come across as not making any sense, as it would appear to be beneficial for the training providers only, they would try to lie and blame the rules on City & Guilds.

I have experienced this with ERR Ltd which is a training provider.

AM2 assessment centre in NI is run by the electrician training trust, so that explains why the rules are unchanged for all colleges here.

Reply to Qualified Electricians Please! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net