Discuss Replacing a Lutron system in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Elvistcb

DIY
Reaction score
My son has moved into a house with an obsolete Lutron system. It has started to go wrong and I'm looking at replacing it with a wireless Quinetic system. Although I am very capable of doing this, I'm not a qualified electrician so my question is, if I did this work myself, is it legal in the eyes of the insurance companies, or would I need to get it signed off by someone qualified, so in case of a fire, our insurance isn't void. Any advice welcome please.

TL;DR
Replacing Lutron with Quinetic
Making an assumption that there’s no part of the system in a bathroom then if (by virtue of ‘experience’ or training) you feel competent to do the work then by law crack on.

As above. Assumin you aren't working in the bathroom , then there is no restriction what a DIYer can do or can't do when repairing a circuit. But as a minimum you need a decent tester to prove dead and some experience in re-wiring a lighting circuit so you can complete the job without issue.

Reply to Replacing a Lutron system in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone :) my first post here. Quick background I'm a newly qualified installer of somewhat advanced years whose just starting out in the...
Replies
Views
If I want to use some Quinetic switches in a home that already has some Zigbee automation and a Zigbee hub, does anyone see any issue with feeding...
Replies
Views
Hi all, a very long time I did a swanky grand designs type new build in the middle of nowhere, so in the middle of nowhere that it's a house with...
Replies
Views
Our family room is part of an addition built a few years ago. We had an issue with nuisance tripping on an AFCI and the electrician came and...
Replies
Views
We need to empty our heating oil tank in order to re-level the base as the ground has slumped. The heating's off now anyway so it just leaves HW...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock