Discuss Quote Advice in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

FB

Have checked on Street View and the building that is a bungalow is the top building in the picture not the one with triangle shaped roofs. Looks great for PV to me.

Edited to add that you might want to ask next door if you can lop their conifer a bit :smiley2:

Following up on shading. Conifer at east gable is high as roof ridge. Saw a bit of shadow on roof from it at 8am on sunny day last week with sun peeking over corner of neighbours roof. Another tree just past west gable on neighbours side is approx 15 ft above roof ridge. There also a small chimney near west gable end and a flue in the middle. Surveyor demonstrated PVSOL software showing shading across different panel string configurations.
So is shading enough of an issue to warrant reduced array size and/or better inverter?

That fir tree could grow 18" a year, so may become more of a problem, however the sun is higher in the sky in the summer so may not be a problem at peak producing times, you need to remember that it is not a power station on the roof, just a small system tickling away earning/saving you money, so every little helps.
The only way really to tell is to see it.

FB

Have checked on Street View and the building that is a bungalow is the top building in the picture not the one with triangle shaped roofs. Looks great for PV to me.

Edited to add that you might want to ask next door if you can lop their conifer a bit :smiley2:

But the opening post mentioned SE/SW roof. The upper bungalow has a SE/NW roof, while the lower bungalow has SE/SW (also less-useful NE/NW). I just assumed the lower bungalow was the one, as it has SE/SW options for mounting panels.

Hi

Shading is a major issue - Just completed install in Manchester last month with shading issues from 2 trees. Installed Solar Edge - good kit and it does what it says on the tin - output figures are slightly below other 4KWp systems last month so generally happy as is the customer - The additional cost is relitively small for what you get so worth consideration

Reply to Quote Advice in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net