Discuss Rcd testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

schoe

Just a quick question I've got a dual rcd board with sockets on each rcd so it's easy to test, is there a best place to do the rcd testing, ie at the start of the ring, middle or end, I no your testing the same same rcd where ever you carry out the test but I didn't no if it made a difference,

Thanks chris.

GN3 says you test an rcd on the load side with the load disconnected. i would always take this as being at the terminals but its safer to use the plug adaptor and plug into the nearest socket

GN3 says you test an rcd on the load side with the load disconnected. i would always take this as being at the terminals but its safer to use the plug adaptor and plug into the nearest socket

When officially recording the testing of these devices, you follow the manufacturers instructions (as well as GN3)!! NOT what happens to be easier!! What do you mean by safer?? the circuit conductors are disconnected from the device for testing??

Reply to Rcd testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Been a while since I have been on here. I have been on an apprenticeship the last 3 years training in the BMS world. Taking that into...
Replies
Views
Hi All Happy new year to all! First post but long timer lurker, so thanks for all the previous help! Just wanted to clarify something I have...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have lifetime experience (50+ years) in United States with basic knowledge of split phase 120/240 volts replacing wall switches and...
Replies
Views
I'm practising EICRs on friendly locations as I'm still in training - technically done my 2391-52 but frankly need loads more practise. I've just...
Replies
Views
I live in Australia; you can use a socket tester to test the RCD for the power outlet circuit. Plug device to a 3-pin wall socket, set testing mA...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock