Discuss Regs Help Please in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

chappy2000

Hi all,
Hoping someone can help with clarification on a reg(s). Recently installed a shower surface trunking and went back to test and connect at cu today after the plumber had been. Im really p****d off as the plumber couldn't be bothered to take his pipe down the shower and use the bottom or side entry he has cut into my trunking with a compression elbow and has passed onto the client that I need to replace the trunking for larger as now the lid won't fit on with this compression. Now I'm looking for some back up from the regs ( as common sense is clearly not enough ) now i was thinking electrical seperation but as its a cold water feed I believe there is a section referring to if its not going to damage the cable under normal use then its fine. Also with his pipe now entering the shower its a real tight squeeze and the cable has been marked where its pushing so tight onto the entry hole.
Sorry for such a ramble about a pretty small issue I'm just so annoyed and don't want to give him any way to wriggle out of it as I know he will. Thanks.

2x1 trunking simples easy fit one 15mm pipe and one 10mm t + e well thats what i use saves on bickering and unexpected surprises

Last edited:
if the cable has been squashed, then detrimental influences comes into play. find a plumber with some sense ( might take a while).

bend the plumbers pipe out of your trunking and tell him to get his own joking of course go back make good and charge the customer again oh and if the customer moans tell them to charge it to the plumber

Just a thought but was there another surface entry point for the plumber to use? I came accross a shower unit before where the only pipe entry point was at the top meaning the electrical supply had to go in the side or bottom.

also have a look at toolstation's website. they sell a variety of hammers, suitably sized for the subjugation of rogue plumbers, wood butchers, builders, all that's required in addition is a strong right arm.

Reply to Regs Help Please in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net