Discuss Replacement Light Tube - LED?? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

hashamyim

DIY
Reaction score
Hey all,
So this is probably a quick question.
I have some under-cupboard kitchen light tubes that are old and have clearly blown at some point.
Would like to replace them but have two questions:
1. In the attached photo, you can see the product identifiers, but an internet search doesn't bring anything up in terms of replacements with the same code. Is it possible to know from this marking/code what bulb I'd need in terms of a replacement?
2. I have seen that it is now possible to buy LED light tubes instead. Would this be possible for this model? Not sure if it would be T5 / T8 or something else. The length is 90cm.
Any help greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 20230325_190226.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 7
If you search online for Osram tube 30W/965, at least here in the UK it brings up some results - a 900mm T8 tube, diameter 26mm, and the 965 indicates the colour temperate - the "65" bit means 6500K ie daylight white, you can also get for example 3000K (/930) or 4000K (/940).

If you search online for Osram tube 30W/965, at least here in the UK it brings up some results - a 900mm T8 tube, diameter 26mm, and the 965 indicates the colour temperate - the "65" bit means 6500K ie daylight white, you can also get for example 3000K (/930) or 4000K (/940).
Fantastic - thanks for the info, SJD! Have found compatible LED light-tubes and starters and have ordered them. Let's see what this brings :)

Reply to Replacement Light Tube - LED?? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net