Discuss Risk Assessment for Elecsa assessment in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

Nicktric

Hi, I have my assessment on the 23rd and just looking at all the templates that came in the pack. Daft question I'm sure but would rather ask you chaps than the assessor!
With the risk assessment template provided in the pack, does this just need to be filled in with company name only to show the assessor that I have the form or do I need to complete it for my major that I am planning to show him?!

Am I right in saying I don't need a health and safety poster, fire risk assessment, first aid etc as I don't employ anyone?

Do I need a complaints log and a complaints procedure? I have the log but if needed can someone point me to the procedure?

Also filling out EIC in schedule of items inspected do you only check selv if the installation has a selv system i.e circuits as opposed to say a shaver socket or elv lighting?

ARe points served power consuming points or switches, FCU's, etc as well?

Thanks everyone I'll be glad when it's over fed up with the paperwork already and haven't even registered!

dont worry yourself m8 elecsa assessors are nice and friendly,main things mine asked for was liability insurance,copy of 17th edition regs and on site guide,few certs from previous jobs,all the complaints procedure and other stuff they will send you anyway.a few basic 17th questions such as safe zones in bathrooms,drilling zones in joists,safe zones running cables in walls and that kind of thing...they dont go too deep into the regs so play it cool with plenty of tea and buscuits and you will fly through it.

Hi, I have my assessment on the 23rd and just looking at all the templates that came in the pack. Daft question I'm sure but would rather ask you chaps than the assessor!
With the risk assessment template provided in the pack, does this just need to be filled in with company name only to show the assessor that I have the form or do I need to complete it for my major that I am planning to show him?!

Am I right in saying I don't need a health and safety poster, fire risk assessment, first aid etc as I don't employ anyone?

Do I need a complaints log and a complaints procedure? I have the log but if needed can someone point me to the procedure?

Also filling out EIC in schedule of items inspected do you only check selv if the installation has a selv system i.e circuits as opposed to say a shaver socket or elv lighting?

ARe points served power consuming points or switches, FCU's, etc as well?

Thanks everyone I'll be glad when it's over fed up with the paperwork already and haven't even registered!

make sure you have a copy of the electricity at work regulations too

The assessor went over the risk assessment and H&S with me and what is needed.He gave various examples of how to use risk assessment like putting a circle round "lifting floorboards"on the form and giving it to the customer so you are covered for public liability insurance.

Last edited:
passed mine 1 week ago. i basically just used the risk asses they gave me. in fact i got hold of a link on here which i doctored myself with my own company logo etc, but it not matter.they just wanna see you got in place and are aware of what it means and how to assess a job ....i just had the A4 sheet with details, wrote job i was on, date i assessed it and with highlighter pen marked the relevant risks etc and that was it..easy peasey. he seem most happy with that.

as stated though they like to see all paper works and docs.....and my officer seemed to be right on the case as to new building regs....ie . notches and holes in joists, the ventilation, fire etc etc....just use your little green book and be all good.

never mentioned first aid , although i do have alittle kit on board, always a worthy thought....

customer complaints , just used there template.....got health safety of gov site......filled in and just used my name, he said all i could do as not needed as sole trader...but i would still need to have filled in...

Hi all, I know this thread is over two years old but has anybody got any Links for elecsa risk assessments and Site safety check list and so on?
Robinson mentioned he found a link on hear somewhere but i can not find it..... Cheers

Reply to Risk Assessment for Elecsa assessment in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net