Currently reading:
Rogue Traders

Discuss Rogue Traders in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Well ok....elecs see it like that so i may have to eat some humble pie here...lol....but i dont see why they wouldn`t accept that. If not then its a poor do now isn`t it....

Thinking back Glennspark your absolutely correct thats what happen on my very first assesment, there you go TREV1 it will only cost you about £500
now lol.

I do understand it can be hard to start up and could argue till i'm blue in the
face about the benifits of being in the NICEIC.
Unfortunatley throughout the trade elecsa is seemed to be the underdog and
for electricians that aint good inof to get in the nic,
now i know saying that
aint going to make me popular but it's the thoughts of alot of sparky's i'm
affraid.

Unbelievable !!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not a kitchen fitter, that's why I'll never pay the NIC to be classed as one! When they drop the extra £400 for approved contractor status I might spend a micro second thinking about it, but until then, the NIC can eat my shoes!

I'm not a kitchen fitter, that's why I'll never pay the NIC to be classed as one! When they drop the extra £400 for approved contractor status I might spend a micro second thinking about it, but until then, the NIC can eat my shoes!

LOL, i knew my statement would upset people but its true, more sparky's
would rather be nic than elecsa if they where truthfull, and the majority of
people who are going to disagree with me wont be nic hence your come back
Skelton.

SB, your well off the mark mate. Infact my renewal is up next month with elecsa so maybe I should join the NIC? When starting out I spoke with NIC and Elecsa. NIC were bad mannered blunt and very unhelpful, didn't really want to know me. I thought to myself (remembering I am a potential customer of their's) If they want to speak to me and be this unhelpful to begin with, why should I part with my hard earned coin to them.

I spoke with Elecsa and it was the complete oppersite. They answered all my question, gave good details of what they could and couldn't do for me and most importantly, seemed to respect me as a potential customer.

As I've said before NIC can KMA !!

Also Domestic installer is only £450.00 you dont need approved contractor
status if you don't want, and funny you should mention kitchen fitter i know
one who tried for nic could'nt get in so join Elecsa !!!!!

Also Domestic installer is only £450.00 you dont need approved contractor
status if you don't want, and funny you should mention kitchen fitter i know
one who tried for nic could'nt get in so join Elecsa !!!!!

Domestic Installer was the original category of kitchen fitters! That's all I think when I see a domestic installer logo touted on a van. And when I see an Approved contractor logo all I get is an overwhelming feeling of symathy for them. £850 to be approved by the NIC!!! Jog on boy! I payed £375 to be approved by ELECSA (or the ECA as some may know them), a far bigger fish than those NIC rip off merchants!

Domestic Installer was the original category of kitchen fitters! That's all I think when I see a domestic installer logo touted on a van. And when I see an Approved contractor logo all I get is an overwhelming feeling of symathy for them. £850 to be approved by the NIC!!! Jog on boy! I payed £375 to be approved by ELECSA (or the ECA as some may know them), a far bigger fish than those NIC rip off merchants!

NOW NOW i cant Jog i've got bad knees, and i think youll find ELECSA is owned
by the ECA and are not the ECA as you would wish. As i'm a member of that as well, looking at your web site you could do with catching some big fish, but i suppose you better leave it to us big companys to do the real jobs eh !!!!

NOW NOW i cant Jog i've got bad knees, and i think youll find ELECSA is owned
by the ECA and are not the ECA as you would wish. As i'm a member of that as well, looking at your web site you could do with catching some big fish, but i suppose you better leave it to us big companys to do the real jobs eh !!!!
So why don't you let us have a link to your website so we can see what a brilliant company you are?

Reply to Rogue Traders in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back