Discuss Route to become electrical installer in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,
Quick back ground info. I did a BTEC electronic and electrical at college then went into the airforce to gain my apprenticeship in electrical and avionics engineering. So by trade I'm an aircraft electrician. I left and am now on electrical maintenance in the automotive industry. My dad is a landlord of a few houses and is tired of paying for every little bit of work that needs doing in these properties. What route do I need to go down to get domestically qualified up? I don't want to do pop up courses that are everywhere as I've heard most aren't credible. I do have my 17th edition already but I'm at ends with what quals people are after to be legitimate.

Many thanks
Mark

first port of call would be one of the cps scams, such as niceic/elecsa/napit/stroma. first find out what they want in terms of quals. and mundane paperwork ( e.g. PL insurance,complaints policy, etc.) they will also need to do an assesment visit, usyally inspect 1 major and 1 minor job that' you've done, tested and certified.

Cheers for the reply and thanks for the advice on conntacting the bodies. Which installer qualification is required to be a domestic installer and tester?

with these scams, the 4 main things required are.
1. 17th ed qual .
2. 2 well installed jobs
3. showing competence at visit
4. cheque clearing OK.

but not necessarily in that order ( cpyright eric morecombe RIP).

Reply to Route to become electrical installer in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net