Discuss running T&E horizontal in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

davek

Hi all

I have rewire to do on a small terrace house. In the kitchen there is a wall with floor units and wall cupboards, with the bath directly above. my though are rather than try get all the boars up as I need under the bath and drill joist. I was thinking of do first drop to socket, then either run down behind the floor units then horizontal and coming up above work tops to each socket as unit should not be to hard to remove. my other thoughts are to run to first socket the returning either just above or below socket run. opinions welcome.

regards
Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: running T&G horizontal

nothing to stop you running cables horizontally between sockets. look at the safe zone diagram in bs7671 or osg. sssssimplesssss.

Re: running T&G horizontal

yes I know the zones just people preference's regarding he best way and least disruption regarding plaster etc it currently tile which will be retiled.

so you go the easiest, least disruptive route as long as it complies.

Vertically chase down from sockets to lower than worktop, then surface horizontally behind cupboards, then up to next one

Or

Horizontally from socket to socket

I think I prefer the running behind the units and popping up to socket means pulling floor standing units out but wont need replaster as units will hide most disruptions,just nice see other opnions and methods.

you'll still need to chase up from the surface wiring to above the worktops though.

Not if you can do a bit of funky drilling without popping the tiles off.

I've been there after a customer decided they needed the extra socket I recommended before the plastering started, but only after it had been tiled!

new tiles will cover that, one of the reasons I thin popping up may be the favourite as less capping, as I don't like having adhesive stuck to my wires. :)

cap them then. apart from no adhesive stuck to them, it makes it possible to pull in a new cable/s after kevin kitchen has drilled into them.

go up go down, short chases, go horizontal 1 long chase, depending on length of kitchen and required position of sockets etc. whatever is easier.

Go through into lounge,along in galv. conduit,back into kitchen at next socket,what's wrong with that? Just tell em' what i told my missus,when i did it at home...."It's the regs luv..." :conehead:

Hi
Need some help
Iv just disconnected a pull cord in my bedroom, blocked it off correctly taped it all up, pushed it through the hole and filled the hole and now the main light doesn't work when I switch the light switch, any help? Here is a pic of the connection before I dismantled it
ca548f7c7b1434f120756f5739cd4c45.jpg

All due respect Mike but if you don't know how to put it back together how do you know it's "correctly taped up"
I wouldn't be relying on a bit of tape to provide shock protection mate. Whereabouts are you based?

Reply to running T&E horizontal in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net